Advertisement

Author Topic: Amalfi or Santorini  (Read 7169 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Amalfi or Santorini
« on: August 04, 2021, 11:16:00 AM »
Have anyone travel there?  They're on my bucket list.  Those cliffs dwellings...ga zing out into the crystal blue ocean. 

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
Re: Amalfi or Santorini
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 06:38:13 PM »
Nope, not yet. I'm thinking Santorini first. I want to explore the ancient Greek relic. I like to hear the Greek people's thoughts about their legends. I notice they're very polite and friendly toward tourists. Their reputation is their hospitality. After that, Amalfi because I want to taste their famous, genuine, original pizza and spaghetti. Another thing I like is the scene where the sun set behind the mountain. It's so beautiful and eye-catching. I saw that scene in the movie of Only You. The casts, Robert Downey Jr. and Marisa Tomei, both are Italians perform their role as lovers in their countryside aka Amalfi.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 10:26:29 AM »
Good to know another shares my bucket list.  It'll be so amazing sitting in one of those terrace coffee shop/restaurants on a beautiful day, puffy clouds, blue sky, and look out into the vast ocean, crashing waves, beach, seagulls, fresh air,etc.. Nice! 

Movie like ONLY YOU and similar should be made in such a place, romantic setting for romantic movies.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 07:42:44 PM »
I probably like to go to major city like Athens first then board a ferry to Santorini. I wanna capture images of all these nearby islands with my phone.

I thought I wanna experience traveling on a boat like apostle Paul and his apprentice did when they went on a mission to Cyprus.
Not during the thunderstorm. Heck no uh huh.  :D

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 07:59:10 PM »
Good to know another shares my bucket list.  It'll be so amazing sitting in one of those terrace coffee shop/restaurants on a beautiful day, puffy clouds, blue sky, and look out into the vast ocean, crashing waves, beach, seagulls, fresh air,etc.. Nice! 

Movie like ONLY YOU and similar should be made in such a place, romantic setting for romantic movies.

Yes, I think they do.  ;)

Hey Dok_Champa, have you ever watch Taiwanese + Korean drama tv show like Love at The Aegean Sea?
https://mydramalist.com/921-love-of-the-aegean-sea/cast
Tv show dubbed with Hmong classic song: https://youtu.be/xAWVOVMY00Y

Romantic show like this took place at another small island between Greece and Turkey. The housing look pretty similar to Santorini.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 09:17:46 AM »
I probably like to go to major city like Athens first then board a ferry to Santorini. I wanna capture images of all these nearby islands with my phone.

I thought I wanna experience traveling on a boat like apostle Paul and his apprentice did when they went on a mission to Cyprus.
Not during the thunderstorm. Heck no uh huh.  :D
Yes that would be something and no worry about thunderstorm unless "ye men of little faith."  Another place, Rome, want to see that famous fountain where you make wishes as depicted in "Roman Holiday."

Yes I've seen  Love of the Algean Sea and the two love birds visited Santorini and they missed their boat had to spend a night there.  Another romantic movie in a romantic setting. 

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2021, 03:08:58 PM »
Yes that would be something and no worry about thunderstorm unless "ye men of little faith."  Another place, Rome, want to see that famous fountain where you make wishes as depicted in "Roman Holiday."

Yes I've seen  Love of the Algean Sea and the two love birds visited Santorini and they missed their boat had to spend a night there.  Another romantic movie in a romantic setting.

Nah, I do have faith. It just that I don't wanna get myself wet and my phone drown to the bottom of the ocean. All my images from previous tours are in memory card.  ;D
Rome, ahhhhh... I like the sound of that word which reminds me the "Renaissance Arts". It got me thinking about the appreciation of Michelangelo's masterpieces, the Sistine Chapel, marble sculpture of David, and the marble sculpture of Pieta Bonded. Not sure you're fond of arts also.
Wish fountain. Hmm I remember that part in Only You. I want to have ever lasting love life and fortune with someone.

Oh I see you do have seen that drama show. It's sad that the main guy, Enqiue, was caged by his mother and he was also killed by his fiancé at the end.   :(
Yesterday and right now I'm watching that drama all over again from 1 to 40 Episodes. I can watch them for free.  >:D
https://kissasian.ws/info/love-of-the-aegean-sea

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 01:29:59 PM »
Sure sure on the phone thing  ::) ::) OH, yes, we are living in the 21st century so you're OK even during a storm ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D If a small boat is a little worrisome, take a CRUISE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D the biggest ship and you're be fine O0 O0 O0 O0

Yes I know a thing or two about art.  Sistine Chapel...would n't it be nice if one can lie down on the floor and look up at the ceiling.  For things like that you really have to look into each details, each line, expressions.  David, hmmm, I know it's just art but I would have to really look from an artist eye otherwise I'll glance and go. 

Oh yes, that fountain is Trevi Fountain, this one:

Yes sad ending indeed.  Wasn't the finance committed to a mental institution?  The thing w/ drama is that the obessive person never have real love for the other..he/she just wants to possess the other, put the other in misery just as they are in misery.  If they can't be happy, the other can't either.  Plain selfish. 

Oh, a while back I was watching Under the Tuscan Sun https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0328589/

and I got inspire to visit Tuscany. If I were to go to Rome, I'll take a detour to Tuscany as well, not too far.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2021, 08:23:19 AM »
Look what I found on Amalfi/exactly what I was wishing:

https://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/International/Getaway/378437/?cm=signedin&source=_tzlock&ec=1&dlinkId=2932116

FYI, wishing for now dream come true later, fingers crossed.

Like this post: +1

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2021, 09:26:44 AM »

https://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/International/Getaway/378437/?cm=signedin&source=_tzlock&ec=1&dlinkId=2932116

Thank you.  Will have to check it out for the wife and I.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2021, 09:33:08 AM »
Mechanic:  Travelzoo has flash sales on trips every Wednesday to all over the world.  Check out other trips.  There's one to Santorini and other islands.  Happy traveling!

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2021, 09:54:04 AM »

4 night stay for $1800
Thats $450/night

I don’t know
Sound kinda of RIP OFF

you can probably rent a week for $450 in AIRBNB
Save the rest of money on food and entertainment

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2021, 07:04:35 PM »
Sure sure on the phone thing  ::) ::) OH, yes, we are living in the 21st century so you're OK even during a storm ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D If a small boat is a little worrisome, take a CRUISE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D the biggest ship and you're be fine O0 O0 O0 O0

Yes I know a thing or two about art.  Sistine Chapel...would n't it be nice if one can lie down on the floor and look up at the ceiling.  For things like that you really have to look into each details, each line, expressions.  David, hmmm, I know it's just art but I would have to really look from an artist eye otherwise I'll glance and go. 

Oh yes, that fountain is Trevi Fountain, this one:

Yes sad ending indeed.  Wasn't the finance committed to a mental institution?  The thing w/ drama is that the obessive person never have real love for the other..he/she just wants to possess the other, put the other in misery just as they are in misery.  If they can't be happy, the other can't either.  Plain selfish. 

Oh, a while back I was watching Under the Tuscan Sun https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0328589/

and I got inspire to visit Tuscany. If I were to go to Rome, I'll take a detour to Tuscany as well, not too far.

Dok_Champa, I would like to get on a cruise ship, however, the transportation that big cannot swerve around many islands surrounding Greece. It'll take the ship a long time to move and spin its propeller to avoid crashing.
https://www.tripsavvy.com/thmb/u0zLm1rbfrjG7pvcmsR_s4xfC_c=/2666x2000/filters:fill(auto,1)/GettyImages-150355158-58fb8f803df78ca15947f4f7.jpg

Good thing you know a few things about arts. I know some certain type of people that enjoy glancing at Roman arts and listening to the speaker tell the story behind these arts while other type of people that do not enjoy arts but rather come to Italy for the sake of vacation trip.

I haven't seen that movie yet. I did saw it as VHS at Blockbuster when it hasn't been out of business in my hometown.
I'll keep in mind whenever I have time to watch it on the internet.  :)

I had to rewatch the series and understand the story's plot. I don't think it's the fiancé's fault that she killed her soon-to-her-husband. The root of her clingy behavior was from her father and Enqi's mother. They planned an arranged marriage by force just for the sake of expanding business and associating family wealth. The reason Enqi dislikes his fiancé because she's boring and she's not his type of gal. When Enqi met the other girl, Xiao Tong, he thinks of her as a platonic friend. This Greek root word, platonic, has two meanings one is pertaining to, involving, or characterized by Platonic love as a striving toward love of spiritual or ideal beauty and two, being a relationship marked by the absence of romance or sex. His feeling toward her grew each time he spend with her on Aegean sea. And so is Xiao Tong. The more his mother nag him away from the things he loves most, freedom, the more he miss Xiao Tong's wild, carefree personality.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2021, 08:15:00 AM »
Back in Paul's time, thunderstorm or not, I can't assure you not drowning but in these days and time on a ferry, boat, or ship, you'll be fine. If ever a time comes, get  seatbeat :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, yes their love for one another grew and sad ending indeed.  If this was a real life drama,  I wonder if she ever got w/ that guy that sold his mother's Gold necklace for her, the one that went on the trip w/ her, that guy.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2021, 01:11:47 AM »
Back in Paul's time, thunderstorm or not, I can't assure you not drowning but in these days and time on a ferry, boat, or ship, you'll be fine. If ever a time comes, get  seatbeat :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

At that time Paul and Barnabas separated after one of them disagree to do what is right of their own. Barnabas took Mark and they head to Cyprus while Paul went to Silas. They knew the storm will be coming. So they walk many miles.

You may wonder why there were so many islands surrounding Santorini. That's because in the past around 1956 earthquakes and volcanic eruptions occurred and the lands cracked and were left damaged and divided. Until 1970 tourist attraction was created.
It may so sound pleasant to hear that there'll be no natural disasters in the summertime, but not in the winter time.

Advertisements