Advertisement

Author Topic: Amalfi or Santorini  (Read 483 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
Re: Amalfi or Santorini
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2021, 11:10:23 AM »
 :) :) :)

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2021, 07:37:00 AM »
Just found out why the Greeks call one island Aegean Sea. That's because King Aegean thought his son, Theseus, died and haven't came back home to Athen. So he jumped off the cliff and drown himself in the ocean. His people named after him.

Delphi was a city named after Apollo, God of the Sky. There's a time ordinary men got stuck in the middle of the violent ocean wave. Apollo transform himself into a dolphin and save them from distress. He demanded them to be priests and build a temple so they worship him. The Greeks went to Delphi to see the oracles.

Delphi from Athen
https://theculturetrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/1024px-tholos_athena_pronaia.jpg
https://chorus.stimg.co/21308618/ows_14884986096318.jpg?fit=crop&crop=faces

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2021, 03:30:34 PM »
Thanks for the brief Greek history.  Whomever get there first, check if there's more Greek legends about the place and surroundings.  For me, I'm more interested gazing out into the blue sea sitting in one of those cliffs side eatery...or resorts.  I could sit there all morning w/ great company.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2021, 01:34:06 AM »
For me, I'm interested in meeting Greeks and listen more to their folklores. Also ask for candid pictures with them. :)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2021, 09:10:39 AM »
Yes the Greeks has interesting folklore and those folklore can be pretty sad too. 

Also, the Greek God, they all reminds me of mere mortal w/ mortal feelings (jealousy, love, hate, etc..) and human problems and whomever came across them they didn't like, they took out their revenge simply because they were Gods, could do it.

Take the case of Medusa.. Poseidom took advantage of her in the temple of Athena and in turn, Athena turns her into the monster we know her to be...

Now, what about Poseideom, he got away scot free! 

So many folklore like these and would be interesting to learn more of them at the source.

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2021, 06:20:05 AM »
Rank from worst to best Gods and Goddesses from Greek Mythology. E.g. 1= worst and 12= best

1. Zeus
2. Poseidon
3. Athena
4. Artemis (Apollo's twin sister)
5. Eris (Goddess of Discord)
6. Ares (God of War)
7. Aphrodite (Goddess of Love)
8. Hermes
9. Apollo (Artemis's twin brother)
10. Hades
11. Hephaestus (God of Blacksmith)
12. Prometheus

Only four Gods that are level-headed help out others in troubled times, Apollo, Hades, Hephaestus, and Prometheus.

Zeus and Athena contradict the law and order they violated. Both are lunatics because of their jealousy and bigotry.

Advertisements