Advertisement

Author Topic: visiting Wisconsin in mid september  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Hm00b

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
visiting Wisconsin in mid september
« on: August 11, 2021, 05:42:27 PM »
All,
I will be traveling to Wisconsin in mid September for work in Plover.  I can travel to Wausau or Oshkosh in the evening, very likely to be Monday thru Wednesday.  Any recommendation on what to do and what to see. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: visiting Wisconsin in mid september
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 11:29:09 PM »
All,
I will be traveling to Wisconsin in mid September for work in Plover.  I can travel to Wausau or Oshkosh in the evening, very likely to be Monday thru Wednesday.  Any recommendation on what to do and what to see.

Wow, passed by that little White town years ago and not much to do in Plover.

Wausau and Oshkosh are much bigger than Plover. Still a mostly White towns but more things to do. I like vehicles and machines so I visited Oshkosh's Aviation Museum. Didn't do much in Wausau, just ate at a Hmong restaurant that serves mostly Laotian, Vietnamese and Chinese food. Again, mostly just passing through...

IMO, there are some things to do but not much so it just depends on what you're into...Good luck!

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: visiting Wisconsin in mid september
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 08:29:09 AM »
There are Hmong people in Plover but yes not much to do.  In Wausau, not much to do either.  Visit Rib Mountain in Wausau, nice and beautiful place.  Oshkosh & Green Bay not much to do either.  If you go north of Green bay is Door County and that's a popular destination.  WI is known for beautiful State Park, nature, and there's one near every county.  Maybe visit the state park or just enjoy the nature trails 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Advertisements