Advertisement

Author Topic: What is the most delicious Food you've ever eaten?  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
What is the most delicious Food you've ever eaten?
« on: August 25, 2021, 03:33:02 PM »
Anything? and Where did you find that?

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most delicious Food you've ever eaten?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 05:04:35 PM »
I had tried every food haus lub ntiaj teb except duck, lamb, unknown fishes from the sea.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 06:31:01 PM »
Mom’s kitchen. Lao traditional food. Just to name a few, laab pba, gang nor mai, moke pba, and kao soy.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 11:47:50 AM »
I had tried every food haus lub ntiaj teb except duck, lamb, unknown fishes from the sea.
and do you have a dish or two that are so good, delicious and love to try again and again and again..
Mom’s kitchen. Lao traditional food. Just to name a few, laab pba, gang nor mai, moke pba, and kao soy.
Ok.  Can you also make them? j/w

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 06:01:56 PM »
Ok.  Can you also make them? j/w

I know how to make two dishes on that list. The others are too complicated and requires a lot of ingredients which I don’t normally have.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 08:23:00 AM »
I know how to make two dishes on that list. The others are too complicated and requires a lot of ingredients which I don’t normally have.
Ok

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 05:11:55 AM »
and do you have a dish or two that are so good, delicious and love to try again and again and again.. Ok.  Can you also make them? j/w

Sardine and duck  O0

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 01:25:57 PM »
Sardine and duck  O0
Sardine  as in the can sardine?  and duck?  How do you cook your duck?  Curry style?  Roast?
steak, hmong style..fresh beef grilled over scrap woods and broken pallets...lols maybe it was just a mind trick because i was a kid then, but elders we're just around this open fire grilling these fresh killed beef strips, i remember one guy gathering all sorts of random wood and branches, and a broken pallet...who knows some of those would probably had old paint on it... :2funny:

but yeah, nothing beats a plain salt and pepper steak..i don't care for the more expensive and higher grade cuts..i actually prefer my steaks a little tough..cus im all about Hmong style..lols
Hmm, fresh beef is kind of tough for me but ok.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2021, 11:29:21 PM »
Shark!

Oh I'll eat a steak of shark meat!

Then there was this tiny kitchen in the middle of a peaceful warzone where on my off day from the military/UN fort...I/we soldiers went to eat out.  That steak, oven grilled/roasted was the taste bud explosion of flavor...like in Toriko anime or like Food wars anime.

Oh and can't forget cevapi.  Who knew that sausage in a pita bread was so good.  And don't forget the fixings.  Funny how I didn't know that when buying one on the street, I was supposed to cook it myself.  Duh'oh!

« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 11:32:06 PM by VillainousHero »

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements