Advertisement

Author Topic: New fishing reel  (Read 62 times)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
New fishing reel
« on: August 25, 2021, 04:18:48 PM »
Gosh I tell myself I have no need for it.  However with just a few mouse clicks, I went a ordered a new reel.  D'uh D'oh D'ang.  I guess all that time not fishing, means I'll just spin the reel at home for no apparent reason.  Just to have it.  Shimano shenanigans.  Twin power wins.

And to date, since my Curado BFS reel finally got delivered about a month ago, I still haven't even put line on that reel.

Like this post: 0
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
Re: New fishing reel
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 05:12:53 PM »
I spooled up some YGK Soul upgrade X-8 line 14# box listed onto the Curado BFS reel.  Mounted the reel on the Phenix Ultra MBX 6'6" Light power rod.  Did some backyard casting just lightly casting only and was getting roughly about 20-25 handle cranks of distance on 1/8th oz bullet weight.  So that probably puts it at about 40-50 feet of distance.  Not too shabby, that's far enough to get to where most fish will bite on the water.

This is really gonna be my ice fishing reel going into winter.  The only thing that I really don't like is how there's a different paint job on the BFS reel on the front guard.  It's black while the rest of the reel is a matted greyish black.  Why they couldn't get the same paint color scheme, no idea.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • 31-day months: Odds: 1,3,5,7: Even: 8, 10,12.
  • Respect: +497
    • View Profile
Re: New fishing reel
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 06:56:59 PM »
My Loomis rod and Shimano reel are waiting for a good spot to catch any kind of fish. But I haven't been able to get out there at all. I've gone out only twice this entire spring to summer.

Advertisements