Advertisement

Author Topic: Is this newly wed couple right?  (Read 468 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Is this newly wed couple right?
« on: August 29, 2021, 09:56:27 PM »
A Chicago couple sent a $240 invoice to their 'no call, no show' guests who did not attend their destination wedding, report says

A couple sent an invoice to their guests, who RSVP'd, but did not end up showing up to their destination wedding.

The invoice charges the "no call, no show" guests $240 for failing to show up to their wedding reception in Jamaica.

"This invoice is being sent to you because you confirmed seat(s) at the wedding reception during the Final Headcount," the invoice says. "The amount above is the cost of your individual seats. Because you didn't call or give us proper notice that you wouldn't be in attendance, this amount is what you owe us for paying for your seat(s) in advance."

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Is this newly wed couple right?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 04:26:43 PM »
Good to see some starting the 12-step process by apologizing:

A Chicago couple who posted a $240 invoice to their 'no call, no show' wedding guests said that some have apologized

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 06:12:04 PM »
While it sounds outrageous, think they are still bind by contract and so the no show guests are breaking contract and the court can get them compensated. 

Now here's the thing. 

$240 fawking dollars man.  If that was me, I'll pay your $240 plus $0.50 for tip and tell the couple to kiss my azz.  Your future kid's celebration event?  Count us out. 

If I was the couple and understand the situation, who idea was it to do a wedding in another country and during a pandemic?  Call it a truce to keep everyone on your ties.  If they want to apologized, they will make it up to you but you do not have to call people out like that. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 08:48:54 AM »
Me, personally, if I was the newlyweds.  I would be okay eating the $240.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 09:47:52 AM »
They'll just have to eat it...it's too be expected.  Most events you either have too many people show up or cancellations. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 04:19:37 PM »
I look at it this way, if you're not responsible and courteous to avoid being a "no show, no call", then don't RSVP in the first place because it's not fair to those that are paying for your seat in advance.

Sure life happens and things come up but there's no excuse for being a "no show, no call" except real emergencies like death, coma, etc.

Advertisements