Advertisement

Author Topic: Who should be the head of the family (husband or wife)?  (Read 2395 times)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
Re: Who should be the head of the family (husband or wife)?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 10:46:18 AM »
Households where the husband has the higher IQ (and is involved in parenting), the children do better. In addition, the children also go on to be successful.

Dads do what moms can't. They teach their offspring about confidence, self-worth, competitivenes s, ambition, and pretty much how to go out into the world. They actually play a part their child's brain development.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-brains-of-our-fathers/

"Households where the husband has the higher IQ (and is involved in parenting)" = very rare to see.  But when that's the case, everyone wins, especially the children.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2022, 09:29:22 AM »
Hillary got Clinton the Presidency twice; he hasn't gotten her there once. I still think she should be the head of the household.

"Households where the husband has the higher IQ (and is involved in parenting)" = very rare to see.  But when that's the case, everyone wins, especially the children.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2022, 03:23:13 AM »
I prefer the husband lead and set the expectations for the family, especially when it comes to raising children. After all, isn't that why I'm taking on his last name and marrying into his clan???? Aren't these kids his seeds? Fathers should be very clear about how they want their children to behave and what kind of adults they'll become. Mothers reinforce the expectations and nurture the children to meet those expectations.

Why bring home a wife and have her give you children if you aren't prepared to lead your family?

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2022, 03:31:25 AM »
https://www.fatherhood.gov/for-dads/father-involvement-education#:~:text=Boys%20with%20highly%20involved%20fathers,or%20drop%20out%20of%20school.

True. Boys with an involved father perform better in all areas of life because they feel supported and have more confidence.

You need only hear the testimonies of Hmong men who did not have a father or a father who could protect them. They always say that growing up they felt vulnerable to other clans, to other men, etc. If they didn't have to act macho then they had to be submissive to avoid trouble. 

Boys with an involved father and brothers have an even bigger advantage because they have a loyal tribe backing them up. They don't have to depend on the charity of other men and other tribes.

Advertisements