Advertisement

Author Topic: Lets fly to Vietnam - non stop flight is now available  (Read 1708 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Lets fly to Vietnam - non stop flight is now available
« on: September 13, 2021, 01:11:45 PM »

A Vietnamese airline is starting nonstop test flights to the US soon

Bamboo Airways could become the first Vietnamese carrier to operate nonstop commercial service between Vietnam and the US after receiving approval from the US Transportation Security Administration .
    Service between Hanoi and Da Nang in Vietnam to San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Seattle in the US will begin on September 23, according to local media reports.
    The airline will run the routes using a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner in a three-class configuration.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bamboo-airways-launches-vietnam-and-us-nonstop-flights-2021-9

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
Re: Lets fly to Vietnam - non stop flight is now available
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 01:20:50 PM »

This island there is Phu quoc.  Looks exotic since it is not even in vietnam but vietnam is claiming it.  Just 6 miles from Cambodia so you can take a ferry to visit cambodia as well. 

This island is known for the best vietnam fish sauce.  I'm sure you guys seen it at your local viet market and some walmart sells them too.

Good news, that Island is gonna open up for Tourism Soon

Vietnamese island Phu Quoc reopening to tourism
https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/vietnamese-island-phu-quoc-reopening-to-tourism/article_b2a2bfb5-8483-5778-b5b0-34f5bd0cd061.html

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 01:24:04 PM »
Another famous fish sauce in phu quoc is this one.  If you can find it, you gotta try it.  This is what they used in Restaurant that knows. 

"Crafted with only two ingredients, Red Boat premium fish sauce is lauded by professional chefs and home cooks around the world. Using a traditional fermentation process, fresh cá cơm (black anchovies) from the crystal clear waters off the Phu Quoc island archipelago are salted minutes within harvest, then aged for over a year in wooden casks to develop a pure and concentrated Vietnamese style fish sauce. With no added water, MSG, or preservatives, Red Boat 40°N Fish Sauce has the highest natural protein content of any retail fish sauce. The result is a flavorful sauce packed with B vitamins and minerals ready to add an extra boost of umami to all your favorite recipes. Not just Asian recipes benefit from fish sauce—try it with caesar salad, pasta, braised and seafood dishes."
https://www.goodeggs.com/sfbay/redboatsfbay/40-n-fish-sauce/56297649ccb52403003d8a0d?g_network=u&g_productchann el=online&g_campaign=Smart+Shopping_SF_+-+All&g_adid=495372517804&g_keyword=&g_adtype=&g_keywordid=pla-294682000766&g_ifcreative=&g_adgroupid=112333145930&g_productid=56297649ccb52403003d8a0d&g_acctid=967-116-8514&g_merchantid=102330905&g_partition=294682000766&g_campaignid=12209453948&g_ifproduct=product&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxJDlw8j88gIV9j6tBh3WJQ1SEAQYBCABEgLdufD_BwE

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 02:23:59 PM »

I have red boat in my kitchen but my favorite got to be three crabs brand. Do you know what is up with the price hike of fish sauces lately?

Never been to Vietnam but will take a trip to your motherland in the future.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 02:58:14 PM »

I have red boat in my kitchen but my favorite got to be three crabs brand. Do you know what is up with the price hike of fish sauces lately?

Never been to Vietnam but will take a trip to your motherland in the future.

when you buy any brand of viet fish sauce, look for the word "nuoc mam nhi"  which translates to fine quality fish sauce. 

I like the 3 crabs brand too.  My family uses those for cooking and dipping sauce.  For maggi soy sauce, they got the french kind that is costly for a reason.  $30 a bottle on amazon.  My family also has a bottle of these but only for dipping and only for special guest.  Like fine cognac, quality you can taste. 

For hot pepper, the viet restaurants would used the fresh pepper called "ot xiem"  They have the generic version called "ot hiem" that you can buy.  I'm telling you.  These peppers are not all that expensive like $1 for 50 gram worth or 20,000 vietnam dong but to buy them is a whole another story.  You gotta grow you own.  My cousin came back from vietnam with 2 peppers in his pocket and passed customs.  He then grew it in his backyard and now he has fresh peppers to eat.  It is tiny and one bite will blast that pepper flavor in your mouth and it is kinda spicy but the hotness will die down fast, unlike other peppers. 

you can buy their seed to try to grow it.  Only $4 but not sure about shipping though. 

https://asiangarden.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=211

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 03:19:27 PM »
Appreciate the info.  O0

You know what, coincidentally, I have similar chili plants in my yard. Taste so good and just the right amount of heat but the spice goes away quickly.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 03:35:52 PM »
Appreciate the info.  O0

You know what, coincidentally, I have similar chili plants in my yard. Taste so good and just the right amount of heat but the spice goes away quickly.

check out that website.  They sell other seeds to grow other good stuff too.  I'll go grab me some for next season and when guest comes around, they'll be impress to see that you have something that no one else has.  Then you get them asking you for samples and seeds. 

Like hmong cucumber the size of football.  I lost my connection in Fresno.  She showed me her garden once and I should of asked for some seed. 

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 11:05:55 AM »
Some Hmong cucumbers do get to the size of certain melons.

My Viet neighbor gave me a passion fruit plant and a galangal root so by next year this time, I would have fresh roots and passion fruits.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2021, 11:53:48 AM »
Some Hmong cucumbers do get to the size of certain melons.

My Viet neighbor gave me a passion fruit plant and a galangal root so by next year this time, I would have fresh roots and passion fruits.

We have a passion fruit growing here in the lunch patio here at work.  Some asian lady employee was bored so she brought it to plant here.  It grew like grapes on a vine.  She told us to take turn and pollinate if we want fruits cuz once the flower opens, it will closes the next day?  Not sure but that is what she told us.   Kinda sexual in a way but we pluck the yellow stem on the flower and would dap the flower itself, doing the jobs of them bees and insects.   It looks like an avocado but gotten softer and a few about to turn to purple but before that even happens, other employees would pluck it and ate it.  I ate one last week and it tasted like fried sesame seed with yellow gooey pulp and sour. 

Just letting you know so you can self pollinate it yourself for a higher rate of yield. 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2021, 05:55:14 PM »

Bamboo Airways could become the first Vietnamese carrier to operate nonstop commercial service between Vietnam and the US after receiving approval from the US Transportation Security Administration .
 Service between Hanoi and Da Nang in Vietnam to San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Seattle in the US will begin on September 23, according to local media reports.

Cool, those that want to kill two birds with one stone by visiting the Hmong in Vietnam and in Laos should consider it.. O0

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2021, 06:39:03 AM »
Surprising the journalist doesn’t tell us how a flight is and what advantages or disadvantages this service has.

Is this real news?

The airline will run the routes using a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner in a three-class configuration.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bamboo-airways-launches-vietnam-and-us-nonstop-flights-2021-9

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements