Advertisement

Author Topic: Not going to happen with me  (Read 1309 times)

Offline lifemystery

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Not going to happen with me
« on: October 06, 2021, 05:26:29 PM »
No matter how attractive of a single mom she is and if she's looking forward for me to marrying her; being the secondary, the backup plan while her kids and their biological father will be the primary, the first ones. It's not going to happen with me, maybe with another man it will; unless she's a widow that will be a different situation.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Not going to happen with me
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 09:16:43 AM »
Why would a single mom make her ex primary to her new love?

I wouldn't take her, either, if that's the case.

One time I took a divorced girl to Olive Garden so we could have dinner together and get to know each other more. She constantly talked just about her ex. My dinner no longer tasted good. I never called her back after that.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 09:50:21 AM »
I can’t blame you for that one reporter.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline lifemystery

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 11:25:01 AM »
Why would a single mom make her ex primary to her new love?

I wouldn't take her, either, if that's the case.

One time I took a divorced girl to Olive Garden so we could have dinner together and get to know each other more. She constantly talked just about her ex. My dinner no longer tasted good. I never called her back after that.

It seems she's treating you as a marriage relationship therapist and a counselor. She hasn't fully recovered from her previous marriage. Good that you never called her back.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 11:43:19 AM »
It seems she's treating you as a marriage relationship therapist and a counselor. She hasn't fully recovered from her previous marriage. Good that you never called her back.

Right. She wasn't over him yet. And it appeared she was dumped or something. lol

"...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 12:43:21 PM »
It all depending on where you are at in your life cuz really now, why do beggars have a choice? 

One can also say that you are not man enough to deal with situation like this.  Premature boys shouldn't play the grown man's game.  You shouldn't get in where you don't fit in.  What love got to do with a little bit of condition like she has to be a widow and making sure that the other man is not in the picture? 

If you are a real man, you can take on all conditions.  Her kids still needs their biological father so he's gonna be hanging around you guys for some times.  If you feel threaten by this other so called "other" man then maybe you should check your insecurity. 

Now before you go after me for saying all of these things, let me share you with my own personal view. 

What I say must also applies with me as well.  Divorcee do get a bad rep when it comes to the dating playing field and I get that but is it possible for a never been married guy to learn how to love a divorcee?  Possible, but it all depends on his game plan as well.  Some play for fun and some play for keeps.  I need to question those who plays for real for I think they are playing immaturely and not knowing what they are getting themselves into.  I can easily talk them out of it or making them have doubts.   :2funny:

I'm not a real man though.  I play for fun first and I let her decides how she wants to take this.  If one of my red flag is for her to linger around the ex then I don't need to waste my time with her anymore.  She got issues of her own and perhaps, maybe, she can catch an immature guy who doesn't know any better and con him to be the father of her kids while she still has a relationship with the baby daddy. 

The youthful in me used to shy away from divorcee women but the older in me has opened up to some divorcee if them red flags are not met so if you see me with a divorcee, your first thought is that I'm playing the field for fun and you may be right.  Realistically speaking, she may playing the fields as well as she is not ready to look for a new daddy for her kids.  It goes both ways too you know?   :D

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 02:55:10 AM »
 O0

I can’t blame you for that one reporter.

"...

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 07:46:02 AM »
No matter how attractive of a single mom she is and if she's looking forward for me to marrying her; being the secondary, the backup plan while her kids and their biological father will be the primary, the first ones. It's not going to happen with me, maybe with another man it will; unless she's a widow that will be a different situation.

There i fix it for you
Thats some shsllow hal stuff right there

No matter how attractive of a single dad he is and if he's looking forward for me to marrying him; being the secondary, the backup plan while his kids and their biological mother will be the primary, the first ones. It's not going to happen with me, maybe with another woman it will; unless he is a widower that will be a different situation.

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 10:51:10 PM »
If we were that great at picking out the right person, then explain why are there so many people in miserable relationships?

Nej tib ub tib no, but many of you ended up committing to a horrible woman anyway.  ::)

For me it is all about logistics like if our lifestyle will blend. I understand that taking on children can be a struggle so it's a reasonable concern to have. But the original poster is still very shallow because he premised his argument with looks. What he should have really said is that no woman is ever attractive enough for him to put up with any drama from her, period.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 10:59:47 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2023, 05:07:49 PM »
People who have been in long term bf/gf relationships that involved cohabitation are just as broken as divorced folks if not more. They were basically a common law marriage. I noticed that they are more triggered by an ex bf/gf than by an ex spouse. I believe they still have some thought that marriage could’ve happened whereas divorced people know it’s over. Divorcees don’t wonder what could’ve or might’ve been. They don’t wonder if only they or the other person changed. At least that's what I've observed when it comes to men whose been divorced vs. men who cohabitated with a long-term girlfriend.   

Btw, good luck finding a girl 20+ who hasn’t been in a long-term relationship or two. Nowadays these young folks start as young as their teens and date for 5+ years, even living together and get heavily involved in the boy/girlfriend's family activities.

I would really stay away from women who were in these relationships. They rarely get over that live-in boyfriend even when they do remarry. Why? Because they feel very betrayed after staying in the relationship for so long with the hopes of that boyfriend proposing. I don't know if they really loved that live-in bf a lot or just felt too ashamed that things ended after giving him the whole cow. 

« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 10:23:46 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2023, 05:39:35 PM »
Oh and many of them even have children outside of marriage with their long term bf/gf.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2023, 06:01:43 PM »
Right. She wasn't over him yet. And it appeared she was dumped or something. lol

I think you just didn’t like her enough. Most men don’t care too much about a woman’s past if he wants to pursue her.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2023, 06:07:11 PM »

There i fix it for you
Thats some shsllow hal stuff right there

No matter how attractive of a single dad he is and if he's looking forward for me to marrying him; being the secondary, the backup plan while his kids and their biological mother will be the primary, the first ones. It's not going to happen with me, maybe with another woman it will; unless he is a widower that will be a different situation.

True. Men are actually worse. They don’t like to burn bridges and are likely to keep in contact with exes. The psycho ones too since those are the only ones wanting to re-hookup. Good women have self respect and will learn how to move on.

Advertisements