Advertisement

Author Topic: Even if you don't like your wife's Asian food, try not to be so dramatic  (Read 549 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
 ;D:

Wife receives outpouring of Reddit support after her 'American' husband trashed her 'horrible' Asian food

An Asian woman recently opened up on Reddit that she is no longer cooking for her husband after he threw away the Asian dishes that she prepared for her visiting family.

Who’s the A: Redditor Throwar563577 received overwhelming support from other users after posting a story titled, ”AITA for refusing to cook for my husband after he threw away all the food I prepared for my family?” in the subreddit /AmItheA**hole on Oct. 31.

According to the post, she and her 31-year-old “American” husband were originally engaged in a long-distance relationship before getting married a few months ago.

Throwar563577 said her parents, who are originally from Asia, and her husband have only met a few times.

She revealed that her husband would always express his disapproval when she prepared Asian food for her relatives when they came to visit, even if she offered to include his favorite dishes.

The wife said she learned to cook her husband’s favorite meals but “he never [has] been open to try and cook by himself.”

Throwing good food away: During one canceled family visit, Throwar563577’s husband was not thrilled to find several Asian dishes stored in their refrigerator. He reportedly commented, “Great, now who's going to eat all that unwanted food?”

When she told her husband that she would cook again only after all leftovers were consumed, he reportedly made a face.

Throwar563577 would later discover that her husband threw away most of the food she prepared except for one container.

When she confronted him about his actions, he said the food smelled “funny” and left one container that smelled “kinda fine.”

The upset wife wrote: “I told him I won't be cooking again after this stunt and that he needed to deal with it after throwing away money and energy I spent on the food he threw away.”

Wife gets online support: Throwar563577’s post, which has so far received over 1,500 comments, earned support and sympathy from other users who deemed her husband to be the “a**hole” in the scenario based on his actions.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
I won’t eat that either but I won’t toss it in the trash.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Red flag already. 

Time to prepare for a divorce. 

Inconsiderable husband like this?  How could he?  It is not like she is making him eat what he doesn't like.  Go order your to go food if you don't like it. 

It only shows that maybe, just maybe cohabitation is needed before the big "I DO" forever.  You don't know a person till you really live with them.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Looks like something I would make  ;D ;D ;D

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Advertisements