Advertisement

Author Topic: Kind of like that Hmong guy that went on hunger strike in Mary Jane land  (Read 174 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
 ???:

Phillip Lim: I’m Not an Activist, I’m a Human Being Who’s Been Activated to Stand Up for the Asian Community

On Nov. 30, Phillip Lim will be honored with the Social Impact Award at the 35th annual FN Achievement Awards. Below is a heartfelt letter Lim wrote for FN’s Nov. 29 issue. As I reflect on the past year and all that has happened in our community, I’m no longer fearful, I am hopeful. I’m hopeful in my heart and in my spirit because instead of focusing on what happened TO our community, I choose to focus on how we united and grew stronger. We did this in one of the most challenging times we’ve ever faced, when the then-leader of our country was against us — that is the epitome of resilience and the definition of grit. I choose to focus on the most important thing: that we spoke up for ourselves and stood up for each other. That is a very powerful thing, and it has taken us generations to get here.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements