Advertisement

Author Topic: Why engagement period of living together is a nice option  (Read 285 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Why engagement period of living together is a nice option
« on: December 05, 2021, 09:58:55 PM »
If my daughter wants to married in the future, my wife and I would encourage the engagement option and even ask them to live together for a while to see if they really think it could work. Of course, no method is 100% immune from marriage issues and divorce or even murder but if we're forking the bill or at least, share it, we want to decrease the chances of marital issues. As parents, our worst nightmare would be an issue like the couple below had:

Arlington man gets 23 years for killing his wife who asked for divorce day after wedding

Hours later, jurors sentenced 39-year-old Tareq Alkayyali to 23 years for the murder of his wife, who had asked for a divorce a day after their wedding in 2018, prosecutors told the jury. Alkayyali was found guilty of murder Friday morning in Criminal District Court No. 396 in Fort Worth.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Why engagement period of living together is a nice option
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 09:23:44 AM »
If people observe their relationships carefully, they can tell during the dating process whether things will be good or not.  At some point, someone's true colors do show. Then we have to exercise self-restrain not to go forward with the marriage.

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements