Advertisement

Author Topic: Non-reporting doesn't mean low rate as women can be just a cruel as men  (Read 304 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Woman gets prison for torturing boyfriend and posting it to Snapchat, IL officials say

A woman who pleaded guilty to pouring boiling water on her sleeping boyfriend received a 10-year prison sentence in an Illinois court. The boyfriend watched the skin fall of his arms during the January incident and spent almost two weeks in a burn unit undergoing skin graft surgery, DuPage County State’s Attorney Robert Berlin said in a news release. Alexis Sykes, 23, recorded the act from the couple’s Roselle apartment and posted it to Snapchat with the caption, “I kinda feel bad now because he got 2 & 3rd degree Burns from face to waist & they rushin him to burn center but oh well,” officials said. She included a shrugging shoulder and blowing kiss emojis in the post, adding, “(He) still cried & beg me to drive him to the hospital.”

Read more at: https://www.bnd.com/news/nation-world/national/article256760577.html#storylink=cpy

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Non-reporting doesn't mean low rate as women can be just a cruel as men
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 06:35:29 PM »
It is called not having an intelligence to see what she did can be considered as a crime.  I say assault with a deadly weapon charges. 

Not sure anywhere else but here in cali, even if the victim does not press charges, the state can press charges. 

Social media is stupid at times.  We see these "prank" reels for likes and views and people are seeing that it is ok to "prank" people which can cause bodily harm. 

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements