Advertisement

Author Topic: Is this racist or Karen not having it?  (Read 467 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Is this racist or Karen not having it?
« on: January 03, 2022, 09:50:36 AM »

Korean American News Anchor Michelle Li Criticized by Viewer for ‘Being Very Asian’ On Air

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/korean-american-news-anchor-michelle-222911673.html

So it is ok for asian to be asian in public or what?  I don't see what is the big idea behind this stupid white woman making an issue.  If asian people eating dumpling on new years day as a tradition then how can this bother a white woman?  Maybe she needs to learn about another man's culture to begin with. 

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
Re: Is this racist or Karen not having it?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 10:18:30 AM »
What a thing to say regardless of color and it wouldn’t surprise me if that particular caller is a jealous hypocrite.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Is this racist or Karen not having it?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 01:33:06 PM »
The only thing that I can defend the karen on is that most asian Journalist or anchor person are schooled to talked with that TV talk.  When you talk like that, you sound white.  You have to have the experiences to talk like that in order for you to get the job.  I don't see any anchor asian person be talking on an American TV channel with the fobby accent down do we? 

But still, that karen needs to understand another man's culture and what she expresses on air is a form of education so that the karen in herself will understand that the koreans eat such and such as a tradition for new year. 

I met a few smart racist people before, especially the women.   When they disses you or take jab at you, they try to be as polite as possible.  Come on, lets be real.  You don't have to be polite to impress me.  Just say it.  I know behind that mask is something more sinister.  Don't let that hate marinate in your stomach for too long or else it will stink up your body.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements