Advertisement

Author Topic: Never too late to settle down but the choice is still yours to make regardless  (Read 798 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
Mick Jagger, 78, is finally settling down with 35-year-old gal pal

https://news.yahoo.com/richard-johnson-mick-jagger-78-172100017.html

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +201
    • View Profile
They each have something to offer to one another, that's for sure.  But this sort of arrangement, the heart will still be empty.  The heart will only be full when it is you a person love and not what you own or can offer.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
How do you know the "heart will still be empty" for them?

I think only those two individual will know for sure. There are also cases where genuine love is shared between couples despite their age gap. And on the other spectrum, there are cases of similar age couples that don't share genuine love and just kind of hang around in a loveless relationship.

It's what you make of it, age is just a number.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
Love is already elusive and rare and will be much more rare & elusive among this sort of arrangement and so yes, the heart will be empty, very likely. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Don't think Jagger would've finally "settle down" if his heart is empty because he can still pretty much have any woman he wants if he just wants to play around, and hit and move on to the next target given his status.

As far as is it true love or not, only the individuals involved really know. And yes, same age, wide age gap, etc., doesn't matter as it's not universal to just one demographic or age group as there are factual data to back this up.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
Mick and many people his age finds the next best reason(s) to settle down and Tina Turner says it best:

What's love go to do with it:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=who+needs+love+tina+turner

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Same can apply to some folks at a younger age too as no "reason(s)" applies to all universally..

Therefore, is his or his gal pal's hearts empty, I doubt it at this moment. Again, only they would know for sure..

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Here's a well known example of a couple that truly love each other despite their huge age gap:

It's been six years since Céline Dion lost her husband, René Angélil, and she's still keeping the flame for him in her heart lit.

In an Instagram post on Friday, Dion shared a black-and-white photo of her late husband, who died in 2016 at age 73 of throat cancer. In the caption, she shared a quote from her 2019 song "Courage": "I would be lying if I said I’m fine, I think of you at least a hundred times, cause in the echo of my voice I hear your words just like you’re there."

She then added her own words: "I miss you — Céline xx."

The singer, 53, repeated the words again but then added her own sentiment in French: "Tu me manques."

With that said, are there any bad, no true love, miserable relationship cases involving couples with huge age gap?

Yes there are..., just like couples with similar age. 

Like I've said, age is just a number so it really depends on the couple and how they want to shape their relationship.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
That's a rare case, Celine and her husband.  We don't have to go far than right in our backyard, old hmong men and their niam nkauj mos ab OR reversal, old hmong women and their txiv mos ab.

Advertisements