Advertisement

Author Topic: The birth of Christianity in world history  (Read 712 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
The birth of Christianity in world history
« on: January 22, 2022, 06:42:19 AM »
Jesus was a carpenter; St. Paul was a tent maker.  Just look what they have been able to do through God.

--The History of the World, by Emma Marriott

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 06:45:14 AM by Reporter »

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The birth of Christianity in world history
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 09:50:41 AM »
So, God put his son into the low civilian life in order to rise. Might He already put someone among us to rise later on?

"...

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 10:33:22 AM »
So, God put his son into the low civilian life in order to rise. Might He already put someone among us to rise later on?

There this korean guy who claim to be jesus
He is asian

So people don’t buy it

God did not created man...man created god

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +379
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 11:48:35 PM »
That's some research done by Emma Marriott. Somewhat incorrect by her own belief.

There's no passages that says Jesus was a carpenter and Paul was a tentmaker. I went back and recheck the bible where she got her sources from. Nope, Jesus grew up and went on his way to somewhere. Paul was a Pharisee like his father, and he was educated by a respected rabbi named Gamaliel.

Acts 23:6
Now when Paul perceived that one part were Sadducees and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, “Brothers, I am a Pharisee, a son of Pharisees. It is with respect to the hope and the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial.”

Acts 22:3
“I am a Jew, born in Tarsus in Cilicia, but brought up in this city, educated at the feet of Gamaliel according to the strict manner of the law of our fathers, being zealous for God as all of you are this day."

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 06:24:49 AM »
Marriott and her colleagues didn't rely on the Bible as a historical source. They "unearthed" the tomes and tomes of historical annals kept by historians and deciphered ancient writings related to their subjects.

"History of the World" was originally a big volume. But Marriott and her colleagues rewrote it in smaller chunks--editing and re-checking their facts--for the shorter version.

There's a movie out that even made sure Jesus' original trade was incorporated into it. One scene had Jesus making his mother, Mary, a table that was bigger than the ones other Jews were used to at that time.

Your quotes came out of the Bible. Jesus doesn't preach in the Bible as though he was a carpenter. He preached like his spiritual mission was: son of God!

That's some research done by Emma Marriott. Somewhat incorrect by her own belief.

There's no passages that says Jesus was a carpenter and Paul was a tentmaker. I went back and recheck the bible where she got her sources from. Nope, Jesus grew up and went on his way to somewhere. Paul was a Pharisee like his father, and he was educated by a respected rabbi named Gamaliel.

Acts 23:6
Now when Paul perceived that one part were Sadducees and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, “Brothers, I am a Pharisee, a son of Pharisees. It is with respect to the hope and the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial.”

Acts 22:3
“I am a Jew, born in Tarsus in Cilicia, but brought up in this city, educated at the feet of Gamaliel according to the strict manner of the law of our fathers, being zealous for God as all of you are this day."

"...

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +379
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 07:57:06 PM »
Marriott and her colleagues didn't rely on the Bible as a historical source. They "unearthed" the tomes and tomes of historical annals kept by historians and deciphered ancient writings related to their subjects.

"History of the World" was originally a big volume. But Marriott and her colleagues rewrote it in smaller chunks--editing and re-checking their facts--for the shorter version.

There's a movie out that even made sure Jesus' original trade was incorporated into it. One scene had Jesus making his mother, Mary, a table that was bigger than the ones other Jews were used to at that time.

Your quotes came out of the Bible. Jesus doesn't preach in the Bible as though he was a carpenter. He preached like his spiritual mission was: son of God!

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements