Advertisement

Author Topic: Took 54 years to find the love of his life and he lost her in seconds  (Read 623 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Pensacola man spent 54 years in search of the love of his life. He lost her in seconds

A Pensacola man is still reeling several days after he lost the love of his life in a fire that destroyed the couple's humble campsite where they had been living.

Craig Heathcoe, 55, said he tried to save his girlfriend, Angela Meeks, from the flames after a small portable heater accidentally caught their camping tent on fire last week.

Meeks, 53, who had trouble walking unassisted due to recent strokes, succumbed to her burn wounds Wednesday night before paramedics arrived to the homeless camp where she and Heathcoe had been living together as a couple for almost a year.

Heathcoe himself was badly burned while trying to pull Meeks out of their tent’s boiling nylon, and less than a week removed from the tragedy, he’s still living in the woods and in pain.

The skin up and down the right side of his body is raw and stings when an over-the-counter burn cream is applied.

But the physical pain, Heathcoe said, pales in intensity compared to the hurt in his heart.

“I prayed for her for 54 years until I found her, but then I only got to spend one year with her,” he said about his lost love, Angie.

Heathcoe is heartbroken, and the ache of it is consuming.

“She loved me every day. She loved me. And she truly loved me, not like all those other damn women who I’ve had in my past,” he said. “Angie loved me, and I loved her.”

He said that she loved him regardless of his past and current situation. To her, it hadn’t mattered that he was homeless, lived in the woods in a tent and had spent the better part of the past decade rambling his way across the continental U.S. jobless. 

On cold and desperate nights in the woods when they were huddled together, Meeks made Heathcoe feel like he was still a special person with a place in the world — by her side. 

“Yes, I loved her with all my heart, bro — all my heart,” Heathcoe said.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Re: Took 54 years to find the love of his life and he lost her in seconds
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 11:50:12 PM »
It took him that long because he wasted his time forcing things to work with women who were bad news for him.

Isn't it funny that men who complain the most about being with toxic women, can't even recognize a good woman when he has one at his side?

I've come to believe that he wouldn't even know how to keep a good woman if his life depended upon it.

Twb tau lawm los tseem muab ua plam lawm thiab.  ::)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 01:15:45 PM »
Yet another question to be tested..

Better to have loved and lost or never to have love before. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 06:52:15 PM »
Guys like him don't know what love is. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Advertisements