Advertisement

Author Topic: With the situation in Ukraine escalating, how about defense stocks?  (Read 15270 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: With the situation in Ukraine escalating, how about defense stocks?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2022, 04:06:43 PM »
No

Stock market will crash if there a war with russia

;D ;D ;D

<<< hardcore SEASON VETS

Man, THAT GUY's "reading comprehension" (per the neutral PH members) issue is worst than I thought. I did not mentioned "war with russia" but somehow he read that... :idiot2: ;D

« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 09:15:31 PM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2022, 04:12:56 PM »
his ORIGINAL question is:
buy defense stock... because there going be a war

Man, his "reading comprehension" issues are really that bad...

This is like interpreting Cali Guy's statement as a "prediction" but when challenged to provide proof, THAT GUY tucked and ran...

Or interpreting Walley's statement as "call ceiling"...and yes again, when challenged to provide proof, he tucked and ran too... :idiot2: ;D

« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 09:16:41 PM by theking »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2022, 04:18:56 PM »
re read what you just wrote

Funniest sh!t right there from THAT GUY because the neutral PH members called him out on his "reading comprehension" issues...

This is as bad as when he doesn't even know what 1+2 equals but still challenged others to go "reread" his math  ;D ;D ;D:

i'm in for another 2 share at  $56

C'MON LET'S GO!@!!!

VS.

1 share.....

Go reread my post
Im say im in for one share
To buy alcohol

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2022, 04:21:32 PM »
Let me dumb down the question:

As tensions continues to rise in Ukraine, will defense stocks rise too?

Offline walley

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2022, 05:35:45 PM »
$AIRI   Pennystock, builds planes and aerodefense. Under my watchlist.
In general, I would just avoid penny stocks. They are a lot easier to manipulate.

hmgPebble dumb as a rock

Offline walley

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2022, 05:38:46 PM »
Let me dumb down the question:

As tensions continues to rise in Ukraine, will defense stocks rise too?

I don't think defense stocks will rise that much with the tensions. This will soon be forgotten now that the evidence against Biden is all destroyed from the embassy in Ukraine.  ;D

hmgPebble dumb as a rock

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2022, 10:13:02 PM »
Putin is taunting War with Ukraine. If US goes to war with Russia. France, Great Britain and Australia will get involved.

I think war would be a thing of the past
The end of war

God did not created man...man created god

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2022, 04:58:36 PM »
Hmmm...my brother-in-law works for them as an Engineer:

Aerospace giant Northrop Grumman’s stocks saw sharp 4.53% rise, among several defence companies defying market trend as US and other NATO countries warned citizens to leave Ukraine.

Offline walley

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2022, 07:27:14 PM »
Hmmm...my brother-in-law works for them as an Engineer:

Aerospace giant Northrop Grumman’s stocks saw sharp 4.53% rise, among several defence companies defying market trend as US and other NATO countries warned citizens to leave Ukraine.

I will never work for them. They low-ball me so I said no thanks.  ;D  Here is a quick difference of what you would have made if you used $6800 between NOC and CL. They both went up about the same percentage.

Assuming you entered the lowest and exited the highest. I don't know if this is to the penny, but its close enough.
From 2/1 - 2/11
CL (Crude Oil Futures) -  86.50 to 94.60
NOC(Northrop) - 364.50 to 401.25

Depending on the broker, you will need at least and about 6800 to hold one CL contract over night. Assuming the prices above... You would have at least 8 points ($1K per point) * 1 contract = $8K profit. Assuming you had 19 shares of NOC at 364.50 you would have made 401.25 - 364.50 = 36.75 then you multiple that by 19 and you profit 698.25.

hmgPebble dumb as a rock

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2022, 09:54:29 PM »

I will never work for them. They low-ball me so I said no thanks. close enough.

Sorry to hear..

Yeah my BIL started with them right out of college about 10 years ago. Not sure exactly what kind of engineer he is because he's not allowed to tell us too much about the things he does for them but his salary is about $200k/yr now...

Before he accepted that job, he was thinking about Lockheed Martin too.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2022, 10:46:35 PM »

Depending on the broker, you will need at least and about 6800 to hold one CL contract over night. Assuming the prices above... You would have at least 8 points ($1K per point) * 1 contract = $8K profit. Assuming you had 19 shares of NOC at 364.50 you would have made 401.25 - 364.50 = 36.75 then you multiple that by 19 and you profit 698.25.

why you using leverage??
please explain if it tick down
and you lose thousand

;D ;D ;D

if you like the stock
just buy it

going be like your YOUTUBE GURU MEET KEVIN
margin call baby

Offline walley

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2022, 06:07:13 AM »
Sorry to hear..

Yeah my BIL started with them right out of college about 10 years ago. Not sure exactly what kind of engineer he is because he's not allowed to tell us too much about the things he does for them but his salary is about $200k/yr now...

Before he accepted that job, he was thinking about Lockheed Martin too.

I've worked at a few big ones that I won't name, but they are pretty much all the same. I'm glad I was able to convince this super smart kid about a year out of college to go work somewhere else. He was thinking about being a lifer at that company, but now is Elon's slave at SpaceX. Regardless of the normal extra hours that they are obligated to work, he wanted to work there. He did get 250K worth of shares spread out through 4 years. He will pretty much be a millionaire if SpaceX ever becomes public. Also... depending on where he lives and what type of engineer, 200K a year is on the lower end if he has like 10 yrs of experience. He needs to move to a different company if he wants a higher raise. Most of those companies max out at 4% a year if you are one of the "good" ones. In addition, you kinda just get stuck at a certain level unless you have patents for the company. Now that I think about it... my old manager was in a similar situation as your BIL. He worked at the company for like 12 years until I came along. He noticed that my salary was significantly higher than those around my level. I pretty much told him he needs to move to a different company and be a better negotiator even though he counter me that he did get good raises overtime too. He went over to Northrop a year after I left the company.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 06:18:22 AM by walley »

hmgPebble dumb as a rock

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2022, 09:46:44 AM »

explain how leverage work bro...
explain how if instead of $36.75 tick= $698 gain
you have a -$36.75 tick.= $698 loss

how your leverage
-$36.75

will probably wipe out 50%..... -$3400
depending on the contract and etc...
overnight

;D ;D ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2022, 04:25:09 PM »

I've worked at a few big ones that I won't name, but they are pretty much all the same. I'm glad I was able to convince this super smart kid about a year out of college to go work somewhere else. He was thinking about being a lifer at that company, but now is Elon's slave at SpaceX. Regardless of the normal extra hours that they are obligated to work, he wanted to work there. He did get 250K worth of shares spread out through 4 years. He will pretty much be a millionaire if SpaceX ever becomes public. Also... depending on where he lives and what type of engineer, 200K a year is on the lower end if he has like 10 yrs of experience. He needs to move to a different company if he wants a higher raise. Most of those companies max out at 4% a year if you are one of the "good" ones. In addition, you kinda just get stuck at a certain level unless you have patents for the company. Now that I think about it... my old manager was in a similar situation as your BIL. He worked at the company for like 12 years until I came along. He noticed that my salary was significantly higher than those around my level. I pretty much told him he needs to move to a different company and be a better negotiator even though he counter me that he did get good raises overtime too. He went over to Northrop a year after I left the company.

Yep, no one company or career field can fit all universally so it's best to pick the one you enjoy working in. And if it turns out that job's grass is not as green as you think as you get to know it better, find another job.

It was a little challenging when my BIL started out but once he learned the routine and expectations of his job duties, it's not too bad anymore according to him.

He only works about 30 hours a week M-F with a good amount of PTO throughout the year so he's content with it. 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2022, 11:47:12 AM »
Went off topic here....

If war break out in ukraine
Stock market will just crash
Than you buy

Don’t listen to all these mumble and jumblo...
....THE FED talks that paper trader walley speak

HE HAS ZERO CLUE

<<<<< HARDCORE season VET

Advertisements