Advertisement

Author Topic: Man, some women can be so shallow too, makes me appreciate my wife even more  (Read 300 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...Isn't this the saying: "It's the thought that counts"  ???:

A woman is furious with her boyfriend for not spending enough money on her on Valentine’s Day.

She took to Reddit’s “Am I the A******? (AITA)” forum for help. Her boyfriend has two sons from a previous relationship. He usually gets her jewelry on gifting occasions, but this year, he handmade her a wooden frame with a family photo in it. Now, she’s upset because she wanted a necklace.

“I have been with my boyfriend, who’s a single dad with two boys, for two years,” she wrote. “He has a decent job with decent income and is into woodworking as a hobby. For Valentine’s Days, birthdays and every other celebration, he’d gift me mostly jewelry, and I get him his favorite gadgets or sports gear.

“For this Valentine’s Day, I got him sneakers. I found out today that his gift for me was a wooden framed photo of him, me and the kids. I gotta say, I wasn’t thrilled with it. When I told my boyfriend my honest opinion (I didn’t wanna open my mouth, but he pushed me), he couldn’t believe this was my reaction.”

She told him that the frame wasn’t expensive enough, but he didn’t understand what the problem was.

“I pointed out that he has money for a $200 necklace at least,” she explained. “But he said I was out of line to imply he was being cheap when all he was doing was making me a special gift. And [he] also had the kids help with it and put so much thought and effort into it because they see me like family. And I should be appreciative of that.

“I said I was but still thought he could’ve added the necklace as a great combo, but he got even madder, saying he couldn’t understand why I’d value a necklace as much as or even over a special gift he and the kids made for me. We went back and forth on this, and breakfast got ruined. He went upstairs and refused to speak to me. I feel like he blew this out of proportion since he asked for my opinion, and I don’t know if he has the right to be upset with me now.”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements