Advertisement

Author Topic: When You Were Going Through A Divorce  (Read 1773 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: When You Were Going Through A Divorce
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2022, 04:39:13 AM »
Yes agree and people shouldn't change how they treat others from before the divorce to after for both parties.  I have a a close family she became a widow and she just stopped contacting us like we're no longer families or something and just hang out w/ her single friends.  For a long time I've included her but it's more a one way effort so now i'm slowly given up... I think you're closing yourself out, coping mechanism, and it's not healthy.

I'm ok, I'm alright, I know what I'm getting myself into. 

For you n your case, if this inlaw wants out of your family, do let her do so.  It is a part of grieving and it is not healthy for her to continue to hold onto her deceased husband belongings (that's you) if she chose not to.  She needs to move on with her life without you guys so respect her grounds. 

It is like this.  If I ever were to go to my inlaw house, without her, I would not dare to enter.  Sure I can but I have morals to keep. 

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2022, 03:05:23 PM »
I'm ok too.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2022, 10:34:41 AM »
I watch how hard it was for my friend and even for a few days without a husband, I myself struggles hahaah.  I'm thinking going through a divorce is similar to grieving when a loved ones died, your world collapse, in dark tunnel, etc..  a divorce is like a living death and I think people go through a similar process like grieving a loss of someone thru death.  We say to them, time heals... that's what we hope...

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Advertisements