Advertisement

Author Topic: Sure may be trendy but isn't that just Asian eyes?  (Read 386 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Sure may be trendy but isn't that just Asian eyes?
« on: March 09, 2022, 10:38:21 PM »
The 'fox eye' beauty trend continues to spread online and more are paying for that plastic surgery. But critics insist it's racist

Accentuating eyes to appear slanted, or elongated in shape, creates a more sultry effect, according to some makeup artists creating the look.

"Ching chong eyes!" That's what elementary school kids used to call Sophie Wang. It was an insidious racist slur casually thrown around as they mocked her Asian ethnicity while pulling on the corner of their eyes. Upward for Japanese. To the side for Chinese. Downward for Korean.
Wang is now 17 and many years removed from the days when her Asian American identity was reduced to "a single facial feature." And yet, scrolling through social media posts in recent months has brought those memories flooding back thanks to a new beauty trend: "fox eyes."
On Instagram, TikTok and YouTube, people from all over the world have been posting videos and photos modeling the look -- using makeup and other tactics to emulate the lifted, so-called "almond-shaped" eyes of celebrities such as Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and Megan Fox.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 10:42:30 PM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Sure may be trendy but isn't that just Asian eyes?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 10:43:20 PM »
Woman grows ‘horn-like’ protrusions after botched fox eye thread lift procedure

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +377
    • View Profile
Re: Sure may be trendy but isn't that just Asian eyes?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 09:12:22 PM »
I never had Mekas make fun of me and pose Asian slanted eye before. However, the Mekas really get annoyed by my excellent English accent.  ;D ;D
I feel sad for the Asian gals and their experience of encountering by these racist trends.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements