Advertisement

Author Topic: Is it okay to ignore good night and good morning texts?  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Rebel

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Is it okay to ignore good night and good morning texts?
« on: March 18, 2022, 11:32:45 AM »
I have a guy friend that texts me good morning/ nights every single day and I always feel like I’m obligated to respond back every single time. (It’s been going on for months…) So I always do, but it’s becoming so annoying…and I want to politely tell him to stop but I’m scared to hurt his feelings… would you just ignore it or respond?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Is it okay to ignore good night and good morning texts?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 11:39:10 AM »
Up to you as some will say yes and some will say no depending on the individual..

Mer personally? Depends on who text me that message...

Offline Rebel

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 12:02:41 PM »
Up to you as some will say yes and some will say no depending on the individual..

Mer personally? Depends on who text me that message...

Hahaha that’s why I’m asking bc sometimes I’m like duck this shit and then I feel super bad so I keep replying and it driving me nuts plus it starting to give me anxiety lmao

Offline Rebel

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 12:24:45 PM »
The guy is a friend whom I meet through a friend. Since the day he got my number he texts me every single day. He is very sweet! Sometimes we have long phone conversations but he mainly texts me pretty much all throughout the day…it’s annoying but I guess my real question should be

HOW THE ACTUAL FUK CAN I POLITELY GHOST THIS GUY WITHOUT HURTING HIS FEELINGS?

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 04:47:54 PM »
You gave him your number for a reason. It’s best to politely let him know that you don’t want him to text you anymore and give him a reason. It’s rude to ignore.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 07:09:11 PM »
It's cute how you call him 'friend' when he sure doesn't feel that way about you.  8) No guy is going to text you that much and think of you only as a 'friend'. Anyways, you don't have to respond immediately.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2022, 11:18:54 PM »
Hahaha that’s why I’m asking bc sometimes I’m like duck this shit and then I feel super bad so I keep replying and it driving me nuts plus it starting to give me anxiety lmao

Just be honest...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2022, 07:07:16 PM »
I don't know him, so I wouldn't respond.

I have a guy friend that texts me good morning/ nights every single day and I always feel like I’m obligated to respond back every single time. (It’s been going on for months…) So I always do, but it’s becoming so annoying…and I want to politely tell him to stop but I’m scared to hurt his feelings… would you just ignore it or respond?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Rebel

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2022, 05:25:07 PM »
haha not going to lie, but i was once probably that kind of guy...but even still subconsciously I always thought, hmmm if her reponse doesn't seem genuine or she's only answering her phone not to hurt my feelings, I really shouldn't call her so much anymore or anymore alltogether..l ols...it's just a phase some guys go through...when they reach their full game, they'll look back at what a fuking simp or dumbass they were..lols.. I since learned, if someone's not interested in you or showing interest, don't put in anymore effort or energy..althou gh for some persistency does pay off, and for some women, they do want to be chased and worked for- I see this trend dying down compare to just 10-20 years ago..thinking back, i would had just prefer the girl tell me what Im doing wrong..like hey, go ahead tell me, i'm too clingy, or im trying or doing too much...lols or you're too softhearted..l ols or you laugh too damn much, you don't have to chuckle after every fuking sentence..lmao

I thought we was just friends but perhaps I’ve developed some feelings along the way and need to end it. I know it’s wrong but I want to do it without hurting feelings…  :-\ and being weird about it

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2022, 06:10:37 PM »
I think you're sending him mix messages.  Have a honest conversation to find out where you and he stands on things instead of wondering/guessing.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2022, 06:34:33 PM »
Give me your number and I will guaranteed 0 text, 0 call and a big eff you if you dare to send me dix pix. 

Lets see how triggered you'll become 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2022, 07:12:39 PM »
The Confucius in me says if after three times she doesn't respond, it is clear she isn't interested and another is waiting.

Now, this expert seems to suggest 4 tries. But I'll make that last try a quit.

haha not going to lie, but i was once probably that kind of guy...but even still subconsciously I always thought, hmmm if her reponse doesn't seem genuine or she's only answering her phone not to hurt my feelings, I really shouldn't call her so much anymore or anymore alltogether..l ols...it's just a phase some guys go through...when they reach their full game, they'll look back at what a fuking simp or dumbass they were..lols.. I since learned, if someone's not interested in you or showing interest, don't put in anymore effort or energy..althou gh for some persistency does pay off, and for some women, they do want to be chased and worked for- I see this trend dying down compare to just 10-20 years ago..thinking back, i would had just prefer the girl tell me what Im doing wrong..like hey, go ahead tell me, i'm too clingy, or im trying or doing too much...lols or you're too softhearted..l ols or you laugh too damn much, you don't have to chuckle after every fuking sentence..lmao

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2022, 07:15:44 PM »
Yes. She did give him a mix message by giving him her number.

One day when her world crashes though, she will remember his annoying sweetness.

I think you're sending him mix messages.  Have a honest conversation to find out where you and he stands on things instead of wondering/guessing.

"...

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2022, 11:21:05 PM »
If you enjoy talking to him then why not? I don't see what the problem is.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2022, 08:45:27 AM »
In your situation Rebel, I think he has a feeling you like him only as a friend and I think you're aware he likes you more than a friend.  I'm sure you send him plenty a signal and that doesn't seem to work.  Instead of sending clues and signal, put a closure to it so both of you know where things stand.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Advertisements