Advertisement

Author Topic: Ways to Save Cost on Travels/Trips  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Ways to Save Cost on Travels/Trips
« on: March 18, 2022, 09:59:39 PM »
 Ok, so I do travel on a budget and when I travel or plan a trip, I'd like to stay in 4 stars hotel and pay 2 stars price/cost.  There's tons of travel search engines and one of my favorite is hotwire for hotels & car rentals.  Groupon is also a good place for discount activities.  For example, my upcoming trip to Chicago, I can get a boat cruise for 50% of the cost vs pay in person.  Many times places you want to visit or things you want to do have discounted rate via Groupon so it's worth to check it out.  One of my favorite place I plan to go happens to have a Groupon and I actually pay 50% less vs. pay in person.  Oh yes, another thing, many tourist destination offer city pass and that will save you 50% of the cost to local attractions vs. pay in person.  For Ex:  Chicago has a city pass and if I want, I can get it and that will take me to most of the top destinations in town at 50% of the cost. 

What about you, what are some ways you do to save cost on your travels? (besides bring your own food, pillows, blankets, etc.. ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 10:02:03 PM by Dok_Champa »

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Ways to Save Cost on Travels/Trips
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 11:55:38 PM »
Fuel especially now where gas prices are high. For example, when I visited the Florida Keys, I fueled up outside of the Keys because it was about a dollar less per gallon. If your car's gas tank holds 15-20 gallons, that's $15-20 in savings.

Currency exchange for international travels. If I can get a better rate in the U.S., I do the exchange here before flying over there...That's what we did when we flew to Bora Bora. The rate was better in San Francisco than in Tahiti so we did the currency exchange there before flying over.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Ways to Save Cost on Travels/Trips
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 10:24:09 PM »
Go to know on the currency exchange and gas tips. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Advertisements