Advertisement

Author Topic: So I got pulled over by the cops yesterday evening...  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
So I got pulled over by the cops yesterday evening...
« on: March 29, 2022, 10:01:44 AM »
...this hasn't happened since 2006. In my entire life, I've only been pulled over 3x. This was the 3rd time.

I almost didn't notice the lights behind me since I was jamming to my playlist. I started playing in my head what traffic violation I committed?

Turns out that one of my headlights was out. I thought it was a little dark ----> that's what I told the officer. He laughed.

Anyways, he gave me a warning and told me not to worry too much after I expressed how concerned I was about getting home with one headlight out. After all, I still had to drive through two towns to get home! He said that I should be okay and I joked that if I do get pulled over, I'll let that cop know that I was already stopped by Officer ----- (I asked him to lower so that I could see his name tag) in the town of [blank].

I wanted to ask him what sort of stuff came up when he ran my license, but I didn't want to take up too much of his time.  O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: So I got pulled over by the cops yesterday evening...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 10:15:32 AM »
Nice.

Two years ago, I was pulled over for the same thing. I was on a fishing trip 3 hours away and was coming back home when the cop stopped me and said one of my headlights was off.

He didn't check my backgrounds. But he gave me a verbal warning after learning that I didn't notice the downed light before taking the trip. He advised that I put on high beams all the way home for the next two hours. I asked if that was ok. He didn't respond but said to just go ahead with it for safety. If I didn't, I would be stopped again and could be ticketed. So, high beams were on all the way home.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 04:54:33 PM »
So, not even a fix it ticket?

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 05:06:01 PM »
Fifteen years ago, I rented a car to go to Wisconsin. On the way back, I dozed off, so I pulled myself over to the side of the highway for a brief rest.

A trooper at the Wisconsin portion of Highway 94 knocked on my door and woke me up. He asked why I was stranded. I said I was asleep "and just taking a break?" he added to my sentence.

"Yes," I said.

By then I was no longer sleepy. So, I told him I was going to drive on. He said, "But I've noticed one of your headlights is off."

"This is a rental car, Sir," I said. "I had no idea it was broken."

He issued me a fix-it ticket and said I should have it fixed and sign that ticket indicating that I had fixed it and then the problem was over.

Back in Winona, Minnesota just before 911, I actually bought a bulb, fixed it myself before
returning the car to the rental agency instead of just telling the rental agency to fix it. I felt it was appropriate for me to fix it, since I was going to sign
that thing back to the trooper. I should just have the rental agency sign it themselves without me doing anything...But I didn't really trust that they would do it anyway.
The trooper had my info after all.

Ok. That was more than 15 years ago.

"...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 06:08:34 PM »
Once upon a time, my bucket had both of her lights went out.  Well, I already knew about the existing problem because it wasn't the bulb that was burnt but a faulty switch.  My suv headlight was a lever that you pull to turn it on.  It was a broken lever.  It was getting dark and as soon as I saw the cop car, I took a quick left and into the McDonald's parking lot.  I then went into the drive through lane.  As I was waiting in line for the transaction, I could see that same cop drove around that McDonald like he was waiting for me to exit onto the hwy and bust my azz.  As long as I'm off the public's street, I'm good so I played chickened with the cop.  I parked and ate my meal really slowly.  The cop had another call so he left then I drove home without any headlights on.  Went to pick and pull and got a replacement lever right away. 

Loved that suv.  My college vehicle and so much memories out of it.  Got a price quote from pick and pull for $150 to trash it but I ended up selling it to some guy from the streets for $300.  The guy drove to work for a few sessions and got pulled over by the cops.  Turns out the guy had no license so the vehicle got towed and since he did not turn in the paperwork and title to the dmv, the previous owner was called by the towing company.  I had to bring docs that I sold the vehicle to clear my name.  That vehicle was troublesome for me and she went down with one last hoorah.  Makes me proud till this day.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 09:50:59 PM »
So, not even a fix it ticket?

Nope.

When the officer first approached and told me my headlight was out, I was so worried that I had committed a traffic violation. Imagine my relief!

I said to the officer, "I was so worried that I had done something wrong and I was going over it in my head why I got pulled over."

Officer B just laughed and said not to worry.

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2022, 10:39:52 PM »
Did you drive home with high beams on afterwards?

Different 💩 same smell

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2022, 10:04:52 AM »
Nope.

When the officer first approached and told me my headlight was out, I was so worried that I had committed a traffic violation. Imagine my relief!

I said to the officer, "I was so worried that I had done something wrong and I was going over it in my head why I got pulled over."

Officer B just laughed and said not to worry.

Lucky you. If that was me, I know I would have been cited with a fix it ticket lol

Theravada

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2022, 04:20:12 PM »
Once upon a time, my bucket had both of her lights went out.  Well, I already knew about the existing problem because it wasn't the bulb that was burnt but a faulty switch.  My suv headlight was a lever that you pull to turn it on.  It was a broken lever.  It was getting dark and as soon as I saw the cop car, I took a quick left and into the McDonald's parking lot.  I then went into the drive through lane.  As I was waiting in line for the transaction, I could see that same cop drove around that McDonald like he was waiting for me to exit onto the hwy and bust my azz.  As long as I'm off the public's street, I'm good so I played chickened with the cop.  I parked and ate my meal really slowly.  The cop had another call so he left then I drove home without any headlights on.  Went to pick and pull and got a replacement lever right away. 

Loved that suv.  My college vehicle and so much memories out of it.  Got a price quote from pick and pull for $150 to trash it but I ended up selling it to some guy from the streets for $300.  The guy drove to work for a few sessions and got pulled over by the cops.  Turns out the guy had no license so the vehicle got towed and since he did not turn in the paperwork and title to the dmv, the previous owner was called by the towing company.  I had to bring docs that I sold the vehicle to clear my name.  That vehicle was troublesome for me and she went down with one last hoorah.  Makes me proud till this day.

When I feel nervous about a cop car behind me I will just turn into a store.  :D

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2022, 04:20:54 PM »
Did you drive home with high beams on afterwards?

I didn't know if I could on the regular streets so I took the back roads home.  ;D

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2022, 04:22:08 PM »
Lucky you. If that was me, I know I would have been cited with a fix it ticket lol

Really? I've never been ticketed for all the 3 times that I was stopped by a cop.

The first time I was pulled over, I was actually speeding, too!  :D He gave me a warning.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2022, 05:17:03 PM »
Hot women usually don't get ticketed for just those minor traffic violations.

I have a friend whose wife is very hot. She got stopped many times and each time she would just smile at the cop and she would be let go.

We know how you have handled your stops now, BNM.

Really? I've never been ticketed for all the 3 times that I was stopped by a cop.

The first time I was pulled over, I was actually speeding, too!  :D He gave me a warning.

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2022, 05:19:15 PM »
One time a long time ago, I was driving at night on Highway 36 going west in North St. Paul, MN.
A cop’s colorful lights suddenly flashed behind me. I got real scared and pulled over to the side of the
road. Then as I turned to look to see when the cop was going to walk over, I saw that he was pulling over the car right behind me.

So, I drove off.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 08:05:22 PM by Reporter »

"...

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2022, 06:01:55 PM »

It’s because I’m an Asian guy lol

Theravada

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2022, 06:02:24 PM »
Hot women usually don't get ticketed for just those minor traffic violations.

I have a friend whose wife is very hot. She got stopped many times and each time she would just smile at the cop and she would be let go.

We know how you have handled your stops now, BNM.

Sexism at work

Theravada

Advertisements