Advertisement

Author Topic: Black man approached me, told him I don't carry cash but later on I gave him as  (Read 536 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...much cash as I have on hand.

Initially I told him I don't carry any cash because that was the truth, no cash in my wallet. I talked to him for a bit and he shared with me why he's in the predicament he's in and I told him I believe him and can sympathize as hardship hit me and my family pretty hard back in Laos too. Dude doesn't even know what Hmong is until that point.. ;D. I also shared some info with him regarding what my crew does to help the less fortunate..

As I was leaving, I remembered I have some change in my Taco's ashtray so I pulled up to him and grab a fist full of coins and gave it to him....not much, probably around $4-5 bucks worth and he thanked me as we parted ways:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I told him about the spot where my crew and I go to to pass out things to help the less fortunate...an d he appreciates the info and what we do:

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
That's wonderful you and your crew are helping the less fortunate.  When we do one of those PH gofundme again, I'd look forward to your supports.

Thanks.

Like this post: +1
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Will do as long as it's "legit" and worth it like the last one you did... O0

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
It's legit.  This year I've got too much going on but perhaps next year.  In the meantime, calling anyone that is inspiring to make the world a better place, please do support this organization Givers of Dreams

Go here to learn more:

https://giversofdreams.org/

The guy who started this is PHENOMENAL!

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I'll look into it to see if it's worth it to me...

Usually when it comes to "organization", I rather donate my time and other resources rather than straight up money...becaus e there's no telling how much of that fund actually make it to the recipients.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
I'll look into it to see if it's worth it to me...

Usually when it comes to "organization", I rather donate my time and other resources rather than straight up money...becaus e there's no telling how much of that fund actually make it to the recipients.
Please do..

Advertisements