Advertisement

Author Topic: She seems disappointed  (Read 243 times)

Anonymous

She seems disappointed
« on: April 21, 2022, 09:19:47 PM »
A person I'm acquainted with found out I don't live too far from her ( about a mile from me) and she has been hitching rides with me in the morning (on my way to way) and drop her off after work .  Prior to me giving her a ride, she has been calling this person and that person to get from point A to point B.  Sometimes they ignore her calls.   Now, I seem to be her go to person.  I must have a "nice" radar because people in need just find their way to me, not the first time.  Anyway, today she ask if I could take her grocery shopping.  I told her I could drop her off (because I'm not planning to be her chauffer & wait for her).  So, no shopping but she didn't seem too happy about it/disappointed.  I was OK with that because I did her favors by giving her rides (which I didn't need to).

Yet a part of me felt a little guilty.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Anonymous

Re: She seems disappointed
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 09:36:28 PM »
You now know why the other person has ignored her calls.

You should do the same thing as the other person has done. Never pick up her calls again and never pick up calls from numbers you don't know, because she might do *67 or call from a new number just to get you on the phone.

Donít feel guilty about it. Itís ok to avoid being taken advantage of.  You have no obligation to take care of her. Not being nice to someone like that is not a crime. God doesnít require you to do that much for her, either.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 10:09:52 PM by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 10:44:44 PM »
She has been struggling and I can see with my own eyes that's the case and that's the one thing I can't ignore so I do what I can to help.  At the same time I do not want to be her main source.

This weekend will be my free weekend so I will take her shopping.  I think that's the right thing to do.   

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 04:11:32 AM »
Up to you.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +496
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 09:20:50 AM »
Once a week should be fine to show compassion for someone who may need our help but not when they are taking advantage of you.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 10:12:39 AM »
I don't mind her hitching a ride with me on my way to work and dropping off after work since we're both in the same direction, somewhat.    However, when she suggested taking her grocery shopping, I didn't want her to think I was her chauffer. 

However, she has been asking/hinting when I go grocery shopping, take her along.  I knew she needed someone to take her. 

yes I'm a good person with a kind heart.  I'm bragging because all of us exist only on here ;D ;D ;D  so it's OK to brag ;D ;D ;D ;D

If tomorrow I'm not doing anything and has a free day as I'm anticipating now, I will take time to help her, take her to get all her shopping needs.

Well, I think this is what it means to help someone in need and at the same time, practice being humble (humillity).

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 12:48:35 PM »
The other person was through all that.

Look what happened? No pickups.

You arenít exhausted yet. Keep at it and youíll get sick of her, too.  Youíll ignore her calls.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2022, 02:43:38 PM »
Do your city not have public transportation? Uber? I wouldn't feel guilty.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2022, 02:20:31 PM »
Does your girl know that you are doing this?  :knuppel2:

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2022, 08:12:37 PM »
I wonder if she got car. 

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2022, 02:25:40 PM »
Update: She's no longer hitching a ride with me because she doesn't need to head in my direction anymore but she has my phone number and sends me uplifting quotes of biblical scriptures.  Hope she's doing well.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2022, 02:59:46 PM »
People eventually move on.

Advertisements