Advertisement

Author Topic: The standard this 39 y.o. virgin set is fine but if she wants a Godly man  (Read 704 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...it may be difficult for one to come by ???:

Lolo Jones, 39, says she 'gets teased all the time' for stance on premarital sex

Lolo Jones is getting candid about her dating life, yet again, sharing in a new post that she keeps getting her heart broken as she looks for love.

“Tonight I blocked the guy I was talking to for 8 months. My heart just couldn’t take it anymore,” she shared on Instagram. “He gave me so many mixed signals. He would talk about marriage and kids but then keep me in the friend zone. He would never make time to see me. My heart is so heavy.”

The 39-year-old Olympic hurdler and bobsledder went on to say that she’s “so exhausted” by her dating life and is struggling to find a man to answer her prayers.

“I have continually asked God to honor me with A Godly man. I’ve prayed for years and with many tears for God please to allow me to find my husband. I even prayed if God didn’t want me to be married to remove the desire from my heart. But as the years grow I want to be married more and desire badly to have a family of my own. And I just keep getting my heart broke.”

Jones has been open about her relationship status in the past, sharing at 37 that she is a virgin and saving herself for marriage. In a later conversation with Kevin Hart, she shared that being so open “killed” a lot of her dating potential and felt like “a mistake.”

On social media, she said that her virgin status is still a topic of public conversation.

“I get teased all the time because I won’t have premarital sex. Guys will [direct message] me that I’m old. I’m washed up I should just put out already. So I’m just crying out. Where are you God? Your word says John 14:14. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it,” she wrote. “I’m asking God to please honor the desire of my heart. Your word says two are better than one. Ecc 4:9-12 I’m just asking God to honor my heart because faith is hurting right now. I’m tired of getting teased. I’m asking God my father, my protector, my provider please show up. Please honor me.”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
She will find the man for her but only at church. 

By having a label that she is not putting out until marriage will turn off a lot of men.  This is why her dating pool is actually smaller than it is.  Her expectation to find a man that is "holy", to fit her type or category or to be one like herself are rare in itself.  Maybe there is a poindexter for her, you know, the still virgin type at 45, bible belt, has the same outlook as her but I'm telling you, those guys can only be found at church.  To make matter worse, she probably want a guy who is someone special at church like a high ranking officer or something. 

You will be single forever if you put constraints after constraints on yourself.  The dating pool is thin as is, why make it more difficult? 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
I thought the churches were against only teen premarital sex, which makes sense. All teens--Christians or not--should not have sex during their...well, their teens.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
She lives her belief.  May God answers her prayers.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Well the question is, can you sleep naked and not have sex?  ;)  That's the ultimate test.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
Well, the way I look at her story, she didn't examine her previous boyfriends carefully before dive into relationship.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements