Advertisement

Author Topic: Nothing wrong with taking the wife's last name as long as  (Read 229 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...both parties are content  O0:

Former NFL Star Ricky Williams Legally Changes His Last Name to His Wife's: 'Really Meaningful'
Ricky Williams changed his last name to Miron to create "ease, intimacy and trust" in his marriage to his wife

Former NFL star Ricky Williams, now Ricky Miron, has legally changed his last name for a sweet reason.

During an interview on The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz, Ricky — who played 11 seasons in the NFL — said he changed his name to Errick Miron to adopt his wife Linnea Miron's last name. (Though he goes by "Ricky," Errick is his first name.)

"I did it probably a year and a half ago, made it official," Ricky said on the podcast. "Something I've been thinking about and talking about, and I finally went through the steps."

"I went to the social security office with my marriage certificate, and I went through the process," he added. "It was quick and easy, and it felt meaningful. Really meaningful."

Ricky said he went about the process to create more balance in his marriage, something he considered after taking an astrology-relationship class. While his wife is a successful attorney, he often gets more attention due to his NFL career, he said.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements