Advertisement

Author Topic: At least this finance expert at the highest level is able to do the 12-steps  (Read 307 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Even though inflation wasn't that difficult to predict with all the "FREE MONEY" they've printed and distributed... ???

'I was wrong': Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen concedes she misread threat of inflation

WASHINGTON — The Biden administration acknowledged Tuesday that it was wrong to downplay the threat of rising inflation last year as the White House works to combat rising consumer prices that have hampered Joe Biden's presidency.

"I think I was wrong then about the path that inflation would take," Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said in an interview on CNN.

Yellen in March 2021 said inflation posed only a "small risk." Two months later, she said she didn't anticipate inflation would "be a problem." Earlier that spring, Biden signed his $1.9 trillion COVID-19 rescue plan into a law, providing a boost in spending that his critics blame for accelerating inflation.

"As I mentioned, there have been unanticipated and large shocks to the economy that boosted energy and food prices, and supply bottlenecks, that have affected our economy badly that I, at the time, didn't fully understand," Yellen told CNN. "But we recognize that now."

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements