Advertisement

Author Topic: Sologamy? Your life, your choice Asian girl...so if you're content, go for it!!!  (Read 604 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Sologamy: India woman's plan to 'marry herself'

Sologamy, a wedding ceremony where people marry themselves, has been a growing trend in the West over the past few years. It has now reached Indian shores.

Kshama Bindu has a traditional Hindu ceremony due to take place on the evening of 11 June in a temple in the city of Vadodara, in the western state of Gujarat.

Decked up in her red bridal outfit, with henna on her hands and vermilion powder in her hair parting, the bride will do the customary seven rounds around the sacred fire, she tells me on the phone from her home.

Pre-wedding rituals such as Haldi (where turmeric mixed with oil is applied on the bride) and sangeet (music and dance) will be held earlier in the day. After the wedding, she will visit Goa for a two-week-long honeymoon.

The only missing component from all the celebrations will be: a groom. That's because Ms Bindu plans to "marry" herself in what is perhaps going to be India's first case of sologamy.

"Many people tell me I'm a great catch," the 24-year-old sociology student and a blogger said. "I tell them, 'I caught myself'."

By marrying herself, Ms Bindu said, she would be dedicating her life to "self-love".

"Self-marriage is a commitment to being there for yourself, to choosing the livelihood and lifestyle that will help you grow and blossom into the most alive, beautiful, and deeply happy person you can be.

"It's my way of showing that I'm accepting all the different parts of me, especially the parts of myself that I have tried to deny or disown such as my weaknesses - be they physical, mental or emotional. For me, this marriage is really a deep act of self-acceptance. What I'm trying to say is that I accept myself - all of me, even the parts that don't look pretty."

Her family, Ms Bindu told me, have given their blessings and will be attending the ceremony along with her friends.

"My mom said, 'Oh, you always think of something new.' But my parents, who are very open-minded, took it in their stride. They said, 'As long as it makes you happy, we're fine with it,'" she added.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Give her two to seven  years and she'll divorce herself.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
1.  She will be a target for rape.   Like buy one get one free. 

2.  It is a mental illness.  She is at the age for arrange marriages.  To do thus will take her off the market and will be less of a burden on her society to push her towards marriage.

3.  It is effing stupid.  I marry myself whenever I jack off too but I'm not marrying myself.  Self marriage also self mutilation.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Well, she did it!

India's first sologamist marries herself
video link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/indias-first-sologamist-marries-herself-205544267.html

This Indian woman married herself in the country’s first instance of ‘sologamy’. 24-year-old Kshama Bindu followed the rituals and customs of a traditional Hindu wedding.

"My marriage was like any other Hindu wedding. I placed the idols of gods, burnt ritualistic fire, put vermilion, tied 'mangal sutra,' did circumambulati on and sat in the rituals. This is how my marriage happened."

A video shared by Bindu shows her family and friends

dancing to Indian Bollywood songs in a small post-wedding celebration

"After my wedding, I was overwhelmed with happiness. I was surprised that what I wanted finally happened…it all became possible and I did it and so I was extremely happy for that."

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
One day she'll be like, "if there's anyone out there, I'm still single and I'm always available."

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
So... she enjoyed self masterbation so much that she decided to marry herself  :idiot2: :idiot2:

Hmmm... I guess some men are polygamist then because they use Maiv Ci and Maiv Laug.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements