Advertisement

Author Topic: California’s bill wants two big pension fund to divest from fossil fuel  (Read 4113 times)

Offline Pretend_Vanilla

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
California, the leading state of climate change wants to pass a bill that will force divesting in fossil fuel. California the bluest of blue liberal state. Good thing I will only invest in Chinese oil.

https://www.ai-cio.com/news/proposed-bill-would-require-calpers-calstrs-to-divest-fossil-fuels/

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Pretend_Vanilla

• PH Regular
    • View Profile

Have you guys seen these stickers?

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile

Have you guys seen these stickers?

Sure. We laugh at the nonsense and move on.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Yea

I saw those stupid stickers
I rip them off

;D ;D ;D

The other 50% American republicans don’t want it
Anything CLEAN is already a NO
The country is divided

Going be hard

;D ;D

OIL is going be here for a long time

God did not created man...man created god

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
Hybrid car is most likely at this point

Offline Pretend_Vanilla

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
Republicans are readily to put the blame on Biden for high gas prices. Politics again.

Theres some really bad actors like Greedy Oil Companies. I just read an article and it infuriates me that big oil companies stop refining oil to capitalize on high gas price. Biden wrote a letter asking for Big Oil companies to help reduce gas prices or he’ll use Federal emergency.

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/15/biden-emergency-powers-oil-gas-prices

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
Republicans are readily to put the blame on Biden for high gas prices. Politics again.

Theres some really bad actors like Greedy Oil Companies. I just read an article and it infuriates me that big oil companies stop refining oil to capitalize on high gas price. Biden wrote a letter asking for Big Oil companies to help reduce gas prices or he’ll use Federal emergency.

Yea

The oil cartel OPEC
they control the flow of OIL

Sad thing is there ton of oil here in the state
But they don’t want to drill and use

;D ;D ;D

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
You need to get the other HALF of American onboard
These dumbass REPUBLICANS are too hard headed
They don’t give a shyt about anything

;D ;D ;D

Offline Pretend_Vanilla

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
Yea

The oil cartel OPEC
they control the flow of OIL

Sad thing is there ton of oil here in the state
But they don’t want to drill and use

;D ;D ;D

The Biden Administration doesn’t want drilling on the keystone pipeline. For one, the US is trying to remove its dependence on oil, it’s short term outlook so dont waste money building new infrastructure s. Just work on the old infrastructure s. And the pact to slow down Climate change.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 01:18:32 AM by Pretend_Vanilla »

Offline Pretend_Vanilla

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
If you haven’t notice Liberals lean more towards environmental policies and land preservation.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
If you haven’t notice Liberals lean more towards environmental policies and land preservation.

Yea I know the politics
We need our republicans friend to join the CLEAN MOVEMENT
Alot of them don’t believe in climate change

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
These dumbass REPUBLICANS are too hard headed
They don’t give a shyt about anything

Reminds me of this closet "dumbass REPUBLICANS" ...that "don't give a shyt about anything", NOT even the poor as he stole from them and then "make fun" of them by giving them "spoilage" food  :idiot2::

I like trump

Trump is alot like me

I have to agree with trump...

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile

Come on seriously? Right when he took office he signed EO to stop Keystone XL pipeline, indefinite ban on new oil and gas drilling/flaking lease on public land. He didn't think about the consequences.. . this is bad when you relied on foreign countries for your oil and this is happening in Asia, Europe, etc. etc.  Companies exist to make money for their stock holder... not to fall even.

Now, Brandon is just passing the buck around and won't take responsibility for his actions... first it was covid then it was Putin and when people started to not listen to his BS, he pushed it on the oil companies.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2022/06/11/exxon-made-more-money-than-god---but-far-less-than-apple/?sh=493db8d336ed
If oil company are really gouging consumer than what is Apple doing? Again, oil company can't control the cost of oil. And if they don't watch what they're doing, they can end up losing money...

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline Pretend_Vanilla

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
Come on seriously? Right when he took office he signed EO to stop Keystone XL pipeline, indefinite ban on new oil and gas drilling/flaking lease on public land. He didn't think about the consequences.. . this is bad when you relied on foreign countries for your oil and this is happening in Asia, Europe, etc. etc.  Companies exist to make money for their stock holder... not to fall even.

Now, Brandon is just passing the buck around and won't take responsibility for his actions... first it was covid then it was Putin and when people started to not listen to his BS, he pushed it on the oil companies.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2022/06/11/exxon-made-more-money-than-god---but-far-less-than-apple/?sh=493db8d336ed
If oil company are really gouging consumer than what is Apple doing? Again, oil company can't control the cost of oil. And if they don't watch what they're doing, they can end up losing money...

I bet you watch FOX news. The same echo chamber and deflection. The fact that Biden has to use government resource to demand refinery outputs makes oil companies complicit. And if I remember if the Keystone pipeline is such a factor why are CEOs of oil companies still racking marginal profits.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 03:34:17 PM by Pretend_Vanilla »

Offline walley

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
I bet you watch FOX news. The same echo chamber and deflection. The fact that Biden has to use government resource to demand refinery outputs makes oil companies complicit. And if I remember if the Keystone pipeline is such a factor why are CEOs of oil companies still racking marginal profits.
I bet you don't watch Fox News!  ;D  Arguments like this is stupid. "CEO of oil giant Chevron (CVX 4.18%), says he doesn't believe there will ever be another new oil refinery built in the U.S". Why would you invest more money in research and development, new technology etc, when the government just shit on your industry? The US is the largest producer of oil. The US is also the largest consumer of oil. We consume more than we produce.

hmgPebble dumb as a rock

Advertisements