Advertisement

Author Topic: The lowest for me was 5mph over but it was my decision so no complaint  (Read 679 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
I've been stopped for speeding a handful of times over the years and the lowest citation was for going 5mph over. I did not complain nor challenge it because I knew I was speeding so I took responsibility for that decision:

Chicago speed cameras issue tickets at 6 mph over the limit. A vote today could mean the rollback of Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s policy change.

One of Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s signature policies — ticketing drivers caught by automated speed cameras going as little as 6 mph over the limit — is set to be tested Tuesday by aldermen who want to roll it back.

The City Council Finance Committee is scheduled to vote on mayoral critic Ald. Anthony Beale’s proposal to reset the speed camera ticket and raise the ticket threshold to 10 mph over the speed limit, as it used to be.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Looks like I'm not alone  ???:

"What's the lowest speed over the speed limit for which you've been given a speeding ticket? Where?"

https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-lowest-speed-over-the-speed-limit-for-which-youve-been-given-a-speeding-ticket-Where

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
This guy's beats mine... ;D:

"4mph...

...So, I just let off the gas, wasn’t looking for cops. i got lit up. 49 in a 45."

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
I've been stopped for speeding a handful of times over the years and the lowest citation was for going 5mph over. I did not complain nor challenge it because I knew I was speeding so I took responsibility for that decision:

It’s a crime for them to pull you over for going 5 over.

I wasn’t happy when I got pulled over for going 10 over. I demanded a court date with that officer.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
It depends on the state that you are in and the toleration to them police officers.

Here in cali, 3 over is still fine but that's just me saying and experiencing.  To not waste their time, they'll do 5 over but some chp are pushing it to 10 over because A) They hate the nagging and argument by them drivers and B) they can literally bust yall california drivers cuz I know how yall drive and they will be so busy writing up tickets for days.  You think the judge liking this?  It is almost like a law that prevents the cops from setting you up for failure. 

I usually go 5 over on the highway but our odometer is not accurate.  If 65, i'll do 70 but the speed camera will record it as 68.  What them chp wants are them 80mph in a 65.  If residential like 25, I'll make sure I'm 25 exactly around school zones and under 30 if not posted. 

Last time I was pulled over was not too long ago.  It was almost to midnight and taking the scenic route to go around the altamont pass and around the mountain on a dark dark night with nothing but the full moon.  This was on the same night when there was an eclipse happening.  Chp came out of nowhere from a street to my left.  With a 2 lane highway, if there is nobody around, I'll just cruise for fun but if there are something behind me, I'll make sure to hurry it up a little bit because that guy might be in a hurry for work or to drop someone off at the SF airport.  Well if you are taking the scenic route, you are not in no hurry is my deduction.  I got pulled over and the chp said I was going 65 in a 45.  I said no effing way, the highway speed if not posted is 55.  He looked through my background check and let me go with a warning.  I spent the night in the bay and when driving back by the next morning, I took that scenic road just to look for some speed signs.  yep, I was right.  Posted sign said 55 through them curvy mountain roads. 

I stopped to take that picture for future references because I want to see that same cop again when I be driving that same stretch of road again.  I'm no lawyer but me and my mn cousin loves to sue cops for some odd reason.  I dunno why.  We just do.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
I would have never thought going 30mph in a residential 25mph extremely wide(could be 6-7 lanes across) road would yield a ticket by a motorcycle officer but they know this residential road is wide and people tend to just drive faster on it so I see them 3-4 times a year just fulfilling quotas. There are also cool officers as well and one left me off the hook going 75mph in 45 but given that I was in a rental and across the country in another state. He said if he written a ticket for me, it would be mandatory for me to show up in court.

My last ticket about 2.5 years ago going under 10 at the interchange at highway 4 and 99 in Stockton. 3 officers just chilling on highway 4 right at 99. As you can see, following someone above the speed limit didn’t help.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
I would have never thought going 30mph in a residential 25mph extremely wide(could be 6-7 lanes across) road would yield a ticket by a motorcycle officer but they know this residential road is wide and people tend to just drive faster on it so I see them 3-4 times a year just fulfilling quotas. There are also cool officers as well and one left me off the hook going 75mph in 45 but given that I was in a rental and across the country in another state. He said if he written a ticket for me, it would be mandatory for me to show up in court.

My last ticket about 2.5 years ago going under 10 at the interchange at highway 4 and 99 in Stockton. 3 officers just chilling on highway 4 right at 99. As you can see, following someone above the speed limit didn’t help.

There is also a rule of thumb when driving or speeding but it all depends though.   They say that if 3 more more cars were speeding, you don't want to be the front or the back guy.  Now with your case, there were 3 chp hunting so they'll take down all 3 of you.  I had cases where I was the lead guy going 85 but the solo chp pulled over the guy behind me.  I have cases where I was the second vehicle, following a guy who was speeding.  The chp went for the lead guy.   

My most embarrassing ticket was road rage.  You know how it is when you have a road rage when both guys are just trying to dodge cars and sort of a like a race.  I passed so many cars, driving wreck-less (never again) and when I saw the chp hopping onto his bike like how he would ride a horse, I knew right then and there that I had effed up.  The embarrassing part is those cars that I passed ended up seeing me later and I'm sure they'll be like....yep, that's justice and karma right there.  The road rage guy that was riding with me drove passed me and gave me 1 honk.  So embarrassing to even think about it today.   Just the other day, saw a camaro driving wreck-less and had cut me off.  Then the flow of traffic was slowing down and yep, you know it, he got into a wreck a few miles up front.   

Rule of thumb, drive like you have car problem.  Obey the law and drive safely.  These days, I don't even getting mad at those dumb drivers who did me wrong.  You know the ones that cuts in front of you or deliberately break checking you or driving in front of you just to use their wind shield wiper to wash their front window and the juices would fly back and hit you.  Learn to let it go.  One stupid incident can cost you your life and career cuz people these days are mad crazy.  They be shooting up people in road rage incidents here in california.   Poor lady gave the middle finger ended up getting shot and was in a coma. Not worth it. 

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 01:56:19 PM by DuMa »

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
There is also a rule of thumb when driving or speeding but it all depends though.   They say that if 3 more more cars were speeding, you don't want to be the front or the back guy.  Now with your case, there were 3 chp hunting so they'll take down all 3 of you.  I had cases where I was the lead guy going 85 but the solo chp pulled over the guy behind me.  I have cases where I was the second vehicle, following a guy who was speeding.  The chp went for the lead guy.   

My most embarrassing ticket was road rage.  You know how it is when you have a road rage when both guys are just trying to dodge cars and sort of a like a race.  I passed so many cars, driving wreck-less (never again) and when I saw the chp hopping onto his bike like how he would ride a horse, I knew right then and there that I had effed up.  The embarrassing part is those cars that I passed ended up seeing me later and I'm sure they'll be like....yep, that's justice and karma right there.  The road rage guy that was riding with me drove passed me and gave me 1 honk.  So embarrassing to even think about it today.   Just the other day, saw a camaro driving wreck-less and had cut me off.  Then the flow of traffic was slowing down and yep, you know it, he got into a wreck a few miles up front.   

Rule of thumb, drive like you have car problem.  Obey the law and drive safely.  These days, I don't even getting mad at those dumb drivers who did me wrong.  You know the ones that cuts in front of you or deliberately break checking you or driving in front of you just to use their wind shield wiper to wash their front window and the juices would fly back and hit you.  Learn to let it go.  One stupid incident can cost you your life and career cuz people these days are mad crazy.  They be shooting up people in road rage incidents here in california.   Poor lady gave the middle finger ended up getting shot and was in a coma. Not worth it.

I try not to speed in between tickets as you can only write off one per every two years which means I’m due for a speeding lol.

Just means you are maturing, road ragers no longer bother me as well seeing so many freaks who think they own the road but also they might have the possibility of a ghost gun with them and mine is locked because I follow the laws.

I too saw a Camaro bright yellow with stripes weaving in and out of traffic and then he caused a major traffic jam which costed me a solid 20.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
When I was young and went to pick up a friend to go to college...well who just happened to still be asleep.  Wasted time and I was was gonna be late, was speeding and got caught for over 15 mph in and was still late to class so effed that first class.  Well they were never late to wake up again, cuz I ain't forking over mo mulah for tickets.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

I know that route well and I usually take the 26 to Jackson to enjoy some lobster buffet instead of the 88 when traveling west to east using the cross-town freeway. Sure both intercept Eight Mile Rd. but I still prefer 26/Fremont as it's close to the high school that I attended briefly (Franklin) during my freshman year before moving up to North Stockton to hang out with the Viet folks and Hmong Lo folks including Judge Paul Lo that live in that pocket of town. Then I was transferred to Tokay high after that...

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
A buddy from school got a ticket for driving 5mph below the 35mph posted speed limit. Of course, we all made fun of him for driving like grandmas...

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Speaking of the cross-town freeway, I got pulled over there too near the Filbert exit. It was late at night and no traffic so I was just cruising...I was doing about 90mph on my 919 with my wife on my back according to that San Joaquin County sheriff.. He didn't have a radar but he said, he "paced" me with his patrol car..???

Advertisements