Advertisement

Author Topic: Federal ban on abortion (overturning of Roe v. Wade)  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Federal ban on abortion (overturning of Roe v. Wade)
« on: June 28, 2022, 02:12:54 PM »
This is nothing new. But I just wanted to put it on this site.

SC bans abortion at federal level but each state may still allow abortion within its boundaries.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/24/roe-v-wade-overturned-by-supreme-court-ending-federal-abortion-rights.html

« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 02:16:17 PM by Reporter »

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
Re: Federal ban on abortion (overturning of Roe v. Wade)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 08:34:12 AM »
This is nothing new. But I just wanted to put it on this site.

SC bans abortion at federal level but each state may still allow abortion within its boundaries.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/24/roe-v-wade-overturned-by-supreme-court-ending-federal-abortion-rights.html

I believe the ruling does not ban or allow abortion... The SC simply stated that the abortion issue should be a state issue and not a federal issue. Now, if they really want abortion to be a federal law, Congress have to come up with a bill that will make it a federal law. With majority in the House and Senate, Biden is trying to push to rid the filibuster rule so they can make it a federal law. However, getting rid of the filibuster rule always tend to come back and bite your own @ss because your party are never majority all the time. They need to go back and learned what happened when H. Reid did the same, it came back to bite the Dems' @ss when GOP were majority.

That article is written for fear mongering only... abortion was not and never was a "constitutional right' abortion is not reproductive healthcare. abortion in a nutshell is killing of a life. Beside, RvW set precedent that abortion is allow only during the first two trimester, however, it's been abused for decades to allow abortion up to birth - meaning, a woman can get abortion hours prior to birth if she wants to in some states.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not totally against abortion... sometime it's required for the safety of the mother and in case of rape, incest too. However, if you are rape, get medical attention to rid the 'potential' pregnancy.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 08:45:23 AM by Hung_Low »

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Federal ban on abortion (overturning of Roe v. Wade)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 09:10:41 AM »
I look at this in this way: the federal funds aren't going into the medical field in this aspect of care.

I believe the ruling does not ban or allow abortion... The SC simply stated that the abortion issue should be a state issue and not a federal issue. Now, if they really want abortion to be a federal law, Congress have to come up with a bill that will make it a federal law. With majority in the House and Senate, Biden is trying to push to rid the filibuster rule so they can make it a federal law. However, getting rid of the filibuster rule always tend to come back and bite your own @ss because your party are never majority all the time. They need to go back and learned what happened when H. Reid did the same, it came back to bite the Dems' @ss when GOP were majority.

That article is written for fear mongering only... abortion was not and never was a "constitutional right' abortion is not reproductive healthcare. abortion in a nutshell is killing of a life. Beside, RvW set precedent that abortion is allow only during the first two trimester, however, it's been abused for decades to allow abortion up to birth - meaning, a woman can get abortion hours prior to birth if she wants to in some states.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not totally against abortion... sometime it's required for the safety of the mother and in case of rape, incest too. However, if you are rape, get medical attention to rid the 'potential' pregnancy.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements