Advertisement

Author Topic: Car and Driver picked the American over the German and the Japanese  (Read 325 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..I agree with some of their points particularly these because a sports car without a real manual is just not a real sports car IMO:

- Toyota's GR Supra is the Z's most obvious competitor. The Supra 3.0 comes with a 382-hp turbocharged 3.0‑liter inline-six, which makes an excellent foil for the Z's same-size V-6. Right now the Supra comes only with an automatic—a manual is on the way—which gives the Z an advantage because a manual will always be more fun.

...This is a sports car for the daily grind. Now please hurry up with that manual, Toyota.

- 4th Place:
2023 Nissan Z Performance
Highs: Lowest as-tested price, Z heritage styling largely works inside and out, six-speed manual transmission.
Lows: Needs more aggressive tires, underdamped suspension feels like it's up on tiptoes, carries over a lot from the old 370Z.

-3rd Place:
2022 BMW M240i xDrive
Highs: Impressively quick, flexible interior, lowest base price.
Lows: Small seats are hard, overdamped suspension, no manual.

-2nd Place:
2022 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Highs: Quick in a straight line, balanced handling and braking, steering has more life than the true BMW.
Lows: Claustrophobic cabin, highest base price, no manual (yet).

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison-test/a40399204/2022-bmw-m240i-vs-2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-vs-2023-nissan-z-vs-2022-toyota-gr-supra-30-compared/

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements