Advertisement

Author Topic: Tough parental decision but mom did the right thing  (Read 253 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Tough parental decision but mom did the right thing
« on: July 22, 2022, 01:25:49 AM »
Mom opens up about turning her son in to police for mass shooting threat

It may sound unthinkable, but one mom said reporting her son to the police felt necessary after she found signs her son was planning a killing spree and attack on his school and home.

Nichole Schubert, who first told The Wall Street Journal about her story, said she was cleaning her home in 2019 when she found her son's journal with plans that outlined how he would kill her at home first and then attack his Washington high school, where he was a 17-year-old senior at the time.

"It was very descriptive," Schubert recalled in an interview with "Good Morning America's" T.J. Holmes that aired Thursday. "It was just heartbreaking. I didn't, I didn't really want to know the details."

Schubert said seeing what her son wrote was devastating.

"That's my child, I, I gave birth to him, you know. It hurts a lot. It still hurts," she said.

But within hours, Schubert said she notified the authorities of her son and his plans.

"Your first instinct is, as a parent, is to protect your child. But at that point, I felt like if he is actually going to do these things, he would be safer in jail," Schubert said.

"It wasn't just about me and him at that point," she added. "It was about a whole school -- hundreds of people, hundreds of kids, children."

MORE: Highland Park alleged shooter's father says he is not culpable for son's attack
Schubert said she doesn't regret reporting her son.

"I believe I saved lives," she told "GMA."

Since then, Schubert said she continues to speak about her family's story in the hopes of helping to prevent another school shooting or similar tragedy.

"If there's a possibility to save even one -- one person, one child -- I think it's worth it," said Schubert.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +377
    • View Profile
Re: Tough parental decision but mom did the right thing
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 11:47:46 PM »
Probably the kids and the teachers make fun of him at school or he watched too many violent movies on tv that causing him to do inhumane assassination.  ;D

Like this post: 0
There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements