Advertisement

Author Topic: "The Good Ones" - I love it and feel so blessed!  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: "The Good Ones" - I love it and feel so blessed!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 12:08:09 AM »
Would this thread get more views and some responses if I start namedropping the good ones?

The problem is that I don't think there are anymore women who actually post on PH these days. Perhaps there are guys who may want to know more about another guy on PH.  :D 

In this thread we aim for inclusivity.  O0

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 03:00:23 PM »
Yes, the good ones--they're out there. Don't say there are no good men or women left.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 03:06:51 PM »
^^^

Let's hope they can find each other.  O0

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 03:30:57 PM »
Hard thing to do is becoming the good one. ;D

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 10:47:29 AM »
It's hard to be good in general.  :-\

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2022, 10:52:03 AM »
I'm good as it gets

Maybe that's why I'm still in a relationship.  Non of these mutually exclusive relationship terminology that is worth a cringe.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2022, 11:09:20 AM »
I'm good as it gets

Maybe that's why I'm still in a relationship.  Non of these mutually exclusive relationship terminology that is worth a cringe.   :2funny:

That is the key. Nobody is perfect.

Relationship experts say that we should find someone whom we can still have conversations with in 5, 10, x years. But what they neglect to mention is that we also need to make sure that the two of you can be completely silent in the same house (even doing separate things) and still feel secure in your marriage/relationship.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2022, 11:19:06 AM »
Speaking of silence.  A buddy of mine took his to the ocean n upon hearing the crashing waves, they both just looked at each other n bel silence for 20 minutes.  He told me, while this was happening, they were both talking in their minds like how you talk to your conscience.  It was a test to see if they are compatible.  Pretty powerful stuff.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2022, 11:34:31 AM »
That's when you know that you and that other person are secure in each other. You don't always need to be talking or even doing things with each other. You can still have your space and feel secure. It does take awhile to get to that place.

Most couples see silence as something wrong in the relationship and many times that has also been true.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 11:55:34 AM »
That's when you know that you and that other person are secure in each other. You don't always need to be talking or even doing things with each other. You can still have your space and feel secure. It does take awhile to get to that place.

Most couples see silence as something wrong in the relationship and many times that has also been true.

Have you seen this commercial?   :2funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRuhCpKwOVY

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2022, 12:07:03 PM »
It's balance.

Take too much and you leave less of the other person. Give too much and you have less of yourself.

We've all been in relationships where we've lost ourselves, given away so much of that which makes us whole.

You don't or won't ever know.

But one day you'll see it in their eyes, hear it on their voice, feel it on your skin, taste in your tears and their scent will bring back memories.

:)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 12:18:37 PM »
Have you seen this commercial?   :2funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRuhCpKwOVY

:D

How many of you are FB friends?

Again, for some couples it takes awhile to get to that place of trust. Even when you think you have it, you might not and it'll take more practice. The first years of being together can be very fragile because you're vulnerable and you wonder if they will still be there. You have to learn each other's angry language. I call it that because it feels like everything is going to end after you have your first big fight.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2022, 12:27:16 PM »
:D

How many of you are FB friends?

Again, for some couples it takes awhile to get to that place of trust. Even when you think you have it, you might not and it'll take more practice. The first years of being together can be very fragile because you're vulnerable and you wonder if they will still be there. You have to learn each other's angry language. I call it that because it feels like everything is going to end after you have your first big fight.

For me, it is that wake up realization that I'm taking her for granted...  before you know it, you two will be old and then you start loving each other?  Isn't it too late? 

That is why we have to cherish every moment, every hour with that other person.  As we grew older and seeing people around us be dying off, we know that death is near, whether it is for them or it is for you so best to show one another that appreciation while we are still alive.  The end goal is to die with no regret, die with knowing that it was a good journey and knowing that we spent as much time together as possible and not just let a relationship just hang and linger and wasted our opportunity to love one another.  It is the comfort factor.   We get used to one another that we just forget to learn how to love.   O0

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2022, 12:40:46 PM »
For me, it is that wake up realization that I'm taking her for granted...  before you know it, you two will be old and then you start loving each other? Isn't it too late? 

That is why we have to cherish every moment, every hour with that other person.  As we grew older and seeing people around us be dying off, we know that death is near, whether it is for them or it is for you so best to show one another that appreciation while we are still alive.  The end goal is to die with no regret, die with knowing that it was a good journey and knowing that we spent as much time together as possible and not just let a relationship just hang and linger and wasted our opportunity to love one another.  It is the comfort factor.   We get used to one another that we just forget to learn how to love.   O0

More like knowing each other's communication style.

Advertisements