Advertisement

Author Topic: I see another Hmong Lauj got the nod and she lives near Judge Paul Lauj too  (Read 437 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Fresno attorney to become first female Hmong judge in California

FRESNO, Calif. (KSEE/KGPE) – California is getting its first female Hmong judge. On Saturday, Governor Newsom appointed attorney Pahoua Lor to the Fresno County Superior Court.

“I think I’ve been crying ever since,” the 42-year-old said. “I think it’s groundbreaking because it sends a message that we are here, we belong, it’s inclusive.”

Lor has been a sole practitioner since 2013 and a part-time immigration attorney at the Fresno Center since 2019.

“She does an amazing job at helping us educate the community,” said Pao Yang, Fresno Center President and CEO. “You can’t change the law, you can’t do that. But it’s how you interpret it so the different ethnic groups understand and that’s what she’s good at.”

Pahoua said she’s sacrificed a lot to get here, sharing she was a single parent during law school.

“I had to be away from my daughter when I was studying for the Bar, she stayed with my parents when I was at school,” explained Pahoua.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
I bet the ex wished he had kept her and their kid.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
I say good for her as she probably wouldn't be able to go that far if she was in that relationship.. . ??? O0

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
I bet the ex wished he had kept her and their kid.

Nah... for all we know, she could be a b1atch to live with. Just because she has a great career does not mean she's a nice, good person. And the same to her ex too... he could be a cheating gangsta.

But, whatever, it's great that she got this far.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Okay. So, she's probably the "my way or no way" kind of chick who now has her way. :2funny:

Nah... for all we know, she could be a b1atch to live with. Just because she has a great career does not mean she's a nice, good person. And the same to her ex too... he could be a cheating gangsta.

But, whatever, it's great that she got this far.

I say good for her as she probably wouldn't be able to go that far if she was in that relationship.. . ??? O0

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements