Advertisement

Author Topic: A lot of GOP folks think so but is this Asian Judge really between Mao and Xi?  (Read 398 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Meme placing Florida Asian American judge between Mao Zedong and Xi Jinping sparks outrage

A political strategist behind a meme that sandwiched an image of a Florida Asian American circuit judge between photos of Chinese communist leaders Mao Zedong and Xi Jinping has been slammed as racist by community members.

The image of Orange County Circuit Judge Vincent Chiu, who is running for re-election, was also marked with a big red “X” and labeled “China’s judge” in one corner.

The meme was created by Xavier Villacis, a campaign consultant hired by Aldo Bartolone, who is running against Chiu for the 9th Circuit Court. While Villacis admitted to showing the meme in a podcast and posting it on Facebook, he denied publishing it as part of Bartolone’s campaign.

“This is me, this is my own opinion, exercising my freedom of speech,” Villacis told FOX 35 Orlando.

...“The link of the picture is the Democrat Party and the Communist Chinese,” Villacis told WFTV, referencing the Orange County Democrats’ endorsement of Chiu in the non-partisan race. “My intentions were never to offend anyone. It is basically that the Democrat Party has ties with the Chinese government.”

Several Asian American groups have since condemned Villacis’ stunt, such as the Greater Orlando Asian American Bar Association, the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Tampa Bay and the Jacksonville Asian American Bar Association, according to Florida Politics.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
Uh... not a lot of GOP, just this one dude trying to paint the Dems are Communist China... but doing it in a bad way.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +377
    • View Profile
One word for that person who created the meme, PARANOIA:idiot2:

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +377
    • View Profile
Uh... not a lot of GOP, just this one dude trying to paint the Dems are Communist China... but doing it in a bad way.

Not sure running for the judge tie with CCP. You might heard from the Liberals saying, "That's similar to the incident with Trump ties with Putin during presidential election."

Liberals and Conservatives keep on doing this ridiculous taunt over and over again until each one decide to do civil war seriously.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements