Advertisement

Author Topic: California's Governor Newsom says no to You and I'm sure some Asians are mad  (Read 1208 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1333
    • View Profile
...as hell at his decision.. ???:

Cambodian refugee who came to US as 1-year-old is deported after no pardon from California Gov. Newsom
A 48-year-old reformed inmate who served 25 years in prison was deported by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to Cambodia on Tuesday.

Phoeun You, a former child refugee from Cambodia, was sent back to a country he is barely familiar with after failing to get a pardon from California Governor Gavin Newsom.

Such a pardon would have allowed him to stay in the U.S., where his family has stayed for decades since fleeing the Khmer Rouge when he was a 1-year-old child.

Having faced discrimination as a child, You joined a gang when he was 13 for protection while living in Long Beach. At age 20, he shot and killed a 17-year-old while retaliating against a gang attack on a young member of his family. He was convicted of first-degree murder by a jury trial and sentenced to 35 years to life.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
He could have won that murder case if he got a good attorney.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
This is when Liberals don't practice what they preach about protecting one's family against bullies. They love white criminals.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +201
    • View Profile
Cambodia is a country that accepts people back.  Way back I watched this documentary Sentenced Home of something similar like this case.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +249
    • View Profile
This is when Liberals don't practice what they preach about protecting one's family against bullies. They love white criminals.

Agree... I bet if this perp was a Latino or black, Newsom would have pardon him. At the same time, they are letting hundreds, maybe thousands of criminals into the US through the Lefties/Demmies open border policies.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
I thought this lefty guy was all for minorities?  What happened here? 

Maybe they are using him as a scapegoat to curb the war on minority gang problems. 

I heard about this guy's case and his plea over the radio.  Looks like the only sin that is the hardest to bare is murder 1.  They'll say, why go easy on this guy when there is no sympathy on the decease and his family? 

Around here and in the news, them killers are basically kids.  One case involves 4 and the youngest is only 11 years old.  They let the 11 years old go because he was too young?  All them other ones are now fawked, trialed as an adult. 

It doesn't sink into you until your 10th year as to why you are locked to damnation. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +657
    • View Profile
Sounds about right, the guy murdered another human being. I have no sympathy for murderers.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
This incident is very common in Seattle. I remember seeing a documentary in the 90s about Cambodian males who were deported to Cambodia.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
    • View Profile
Sounds about right, the guy murdered another human being. I have no sympathy for murderers.

I agree totally.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
    • View Profile
He already appointed two Hmong attorneys into judges.

Newsom is great and unique. I like that.

I thought this lefty guy was all for minorities?  What happened here? 

Maybe they are using him as a scapegoat to curb the war on minority gang problems. 

I heard about this guy's case and his plea over the radio.  Looks like the only sin that is the hardest to bare is murder 1.  They'll say, why go easy on this guy when there is no sympathy on the decease and his family? 

Around here and in the news, them killers are basically kids.  One case involves 4 and the youngest is only 11 years old.  They let the 11 years old go because he was too young?  All them other ones are now fawked, trialed as an adult. 

It doesn't sink into you until your 10th year as to why you are locked to damnation.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +246
    • View Profile
He served his time.  Should of let him stay. 

Different 💩 same smell

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +201
    • View Profile
Yes I agree.  How long are people going to punish the guy, forever? 

Like this post: +1
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +657
    • View Profile

Yes I agree.  How long are people going to punish the guy, forever? 

Sounds like you guys are ok having convicts like murderer, rapist, pedophile living next door and that is perfectly fine.  After all, they served their time.

Like this post: +1

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +246
    • View Profile
Sounds like you guys are ok having convicts like murderer, rapist, pedophile living next door and that is perfectly fine.  After all, they served their time.

I believe in giving 2nd chances. 

Different 💩 same smell

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
I believe in giving 2nd chances.

easy to say when it is not your family member that he killed

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___