Author Topic: 880/980  (Read 637 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
880/980
« on: September 08, 2022, 10:52:20 PM »
Photos of suspect vehicles in shooting of Asian toddler in California released

Jasper Wu, aged 23 months, was returning home to Fremont with his mother, aunt and two cousins at around 2 p.m. on Nov. 6, 2021, when a stray bullet pierced their car on Interstate 880, according to reports. The bullet reportedly passed through their front windshield, hitting Jasper in the forehead. The rest of the family were unharmed. The CHP was alerted to two vehicles that exchanged fire as they drove opposite the family’s white Lexus sedan. Both armed vehicles fled the scene, while the family’s car was located near the I-980 junction

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 880/980
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 10:56:06 PM »
Passed by that area many times:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 10:57:48 PM »
Express Lane is the way to go during rush hours:

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +368
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 11:28:05 PM »
Awww the baby boy is cute. I give my condolence to the family. I hope Justice find these muddafawkers and sentence them in dangerous prison without a parole and a bail. Not a single ray of light or hope shine on them.

Like this post: +1
There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 09:33:47 AM »
It’s unfortunate to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and these thugs might likely never be caught.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 04:16:54 PM »
That’s sad. Rest in peace.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 10:52:28 AM »
“non-carceral” seriously?? And they wonder why violent crime is so high  :idiot2:

The correct consequence should be have those idiots blind folded and shot in the head when they are least expected...:

Family of Oakland toddler killed by stray bullet decries DA's plan to not pursue jailtime for suspects

The family of Jasper Wu, an Oakland toddler who was killed by stray bullet, have voiced concern over Alameda County District Attorney Pamela Price’s plans to not pursue jail time for the suspects.

Wu was driving home to Fremont, California, with his family on Nov. 6, 2021, when a stray bullet pierced their car on Interstate 880. The bullet passed through their front windshield and hit the ​​23-month-old toddler in the forehead.

The bullet came from a rival gang shootout between two vehicles exchanging fire. Trevor Green, 22, Ivory Bivins, 24, and Johnny Jackson, 34, were arrested in December 2022 and charged with murder, shooting at an occupied vehicle and possession of a firearm by a felon.

They are expected to have their preliminary hearing on murder charges by the end of this month.

Price revealed that her office is working to pursue “non-carceral” — meaning no jail time, even for criminals — forms of punishment.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2023, 03:43:08 PM »
Wow, rival gang shooting with lost of innocent life and DA wants what? DA needs to throw away her law degree and never practices law again.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2023, 08:00:31 PM »
Yep, agree!

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2023, 08:02:18 PM »
Protest erupts against Alameda DA over looming plea deal with suspects in toddler’s shooting

Protesters gathered outside the Alameda County Superior Courthouse on Monday to demand the recall of District Attorney Pamela Price over a series of criminal justice reforms that would likely reduce or even eliminate prison time for convicted criminals.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2023, 12:38:30 PM »
You reap what you sow... keep voting for these "soft on crime" retards (Demmies) and this is what you get.

I bet these criminals are blacks, a protect race, in the US. She won't prosecute them, she'll just give them reparation instead.

This is just like that other case where a 15yrs old made a plea deal of 2yrs in juvie and a few months of house monitor for murdering a 20+ yrs old woman.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2023, 07:00:20 PM »
California DA who floated keeping gang members accused of killing toddler out of jail faces recall backlash

Pamela Price, the progressive prosecutor of Alameda County, California, near San Francisco, is facing protests and a call for her recall amid a storm of criticism for her response to a family whose toddler was murdered in a suspected gang shooting on a public highway.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2023, 08:34:29 PM »
Keep updating this story

Would like to know the outcome to this.  totally unreal.  After this case, there were more highway ghetto shootings.  The words are not out and people are not scared.  Stop this gun violence on our highway where other innocent people may be involved. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2023, 07:28:14 AM »
California DA Pamela Price blasted by outgoing prosecutors as soft on crime, 'disrespectful' to AAPI community

Two Alameda prosecutors have resigned over what they see as too much leniency in California District Attorney Pamela Price’s policies on crimes.

Danielle Hilton, a veteran prosecutor who has served in the Alameda County DA’s Office for 26 years, submitted her resignation letter on April 24, noting that she can no longer “ethically and adequately” carry out her duties under Price’s supervision.

Hilton asserted that Price’s agenda to change the office’s prosecutorial conventions and rely on probation for most crimes has led to “inequalities and disparate treatment.”

Victims deserve better. I am not leaving because I want to. In fact, I want nothing more than to be an African American woman continuing to serve the citizens of Alameda County in a fair, unbiased and professional manner…I have spent my career picking up the pieces and gathering the fragments of lives shattered by violence. I encourage you to look at crime scene and autopsy photos, meet the victims of the robberies, sexual assaults, home burglaries and other crimes within the county. It is their voices you were elected to empower.

More from NextShark: Tokyo train operator asks commuters not to wear scary costumes on Halloween weekend

Price has been facing criticism for refusing sentencing enhancements to lower jail terms.

The DA faced backlash for planning not to pursue jail time for a trio of gang members who were arrested in connection with the death of Oakland toddler Jasper Wu.

Wu was driving home to Fremont with his family on Nov. 6, 2021, when a stray bullet pierced their car on Interstate 880. The bullet passed through their front windshield and hit the ​​23-month-old toddler in the forehead.

More from NextShark: Man detained for 9 days by Chinese police for sharing 'insulting' meme of dog wearing a police hat

Last week, Price also came under fire for declining to place criminal enhancements in a case involving another murdered child. Eliyanah Crisostomo, 5, was also shot dead by three gang members on a freeway in Fremont last month

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2023, 07:41:59 PM »
2 remaining shooters behind murder of toddler Jasper Wu get enhancement charges dropped

Alameda County District Attorney Pamela Price dropped the special circumstances of the murder charges against the two remaining shooters of the shootout that led to the death of Bay Area toddler Jasper Wu.

Key details: While Ivory Bivens, 24, and Trevor Green, 22, will no longer face the possibility of a death sentence or life without parole if convicted, the two men are still facing 265 years to life in prison and 175 years to life in prison, respectively.

Price announced this without explaining the reason behind the case development, according to KTVU.

“We will continue to hold these men accountable for these serious charges that will likely land them behind bars for the rest of their lives," Price said in a statement released by her office.

Their charges: Price’s predecessor, former District Attorney Nancy O'Malley, charged the two remaining shooters with murder, shooting at an occupied vehicle and possession of a firearm by a felon. They also received enhancements to their charges.

What the dropped enhancement is about: Prosecutors can reportedly pursue the special circumstances enhancement under the California Penal Code Section 190.2 under certain conditions, including the suspect intentionally murdering a witness to a crime.

What the defense is saying: Ernie Castillo, Biven’s attorney, noted in a statement to The Mercury News that it is evident Price would still pursue the gun and gang enhancements after dropping the special circumstances.

Castillo said they will “challenge the legality of the gang enhancements" and, if needed, "take this case to trial and establish Mr. Bivens’ lack of involvement in this case.”

The shooting: Jasper Wu, a 23-month-old toddler, was killed by a stray bullet while he and his family were driving on Interstate 880 in Oakland in November 2021.

Advertisements