Advertisement

Author Topic: This is why I don't do Kpop  (Read 1069 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
This is why I don't do Kpop
« on: September 13, 2022, 01:46:45 PM »
I mean the music is good and so are them dancers.  They called them Idol for a reason.  BTS and blackpink, I know you guys loved them. 

But did you know that you might not be wanted in South Korea?  That country has no anti discrimination law.  It was only recommended by the United Nation but still not yet turn into law.  What this means is that you may get hated in South Korean.  Now why would you support their music when they hate you?  Makes no cot dayam sense to me. 

In the 2017–2020 World Values Survey, of the 1245 South Koreans surveyed, 15.2% reported that they would not want someone of a different race as a neighbor.[3] This represents a sharp decrease from the 2010-2014 World Values Survey, where of 1200 South Koreans surveyed, 34.1% mentioned that they would not want someone of a different race as a neighbor.[4] In the 2010–2014 survey, 44.2% reported they would not want "immigrants/foreign workers" as neighbors.[2][5] By the 2017–2020 report, this figure was at 22.0%.[6]

Korean children also show a tendency to discriminate against Africans and people of African descent. In a 2015 research by Education Research International, Korean children show negative responses to darker-skin characters in picture book illustrations. This attitude of children is seen as a reflection of their parent's anti-blackness prejudice towards black people and white-dominant surroundings.[36]

In 2009, Paul Jambor (Assistant professor at Korea University) claimed that Korean college students exhibit discrimination towards foreign professors by calling them by their first names and not showing the same amount of respect towards them[37] as students traditionally show towards their Korean professors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_South_Korea

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +368
    • View Profile
Re: This is why I don't do Kpop
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 12:11:42 AM »
To the statistic, like seriously?  ???

I need a video on this topic to see if the S. Korean really are racists like the writer says in Wikipedia.  ;D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
Re: This is why I don't do Kpop
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2022, 02:32:03 PM »
I don't see it as racism... Korean in general tend to prefer lighter skin people... hence majority of them are lighter skin tone to any other Asian country. I stop there a few times and they seem fine to me.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements