Advertisement

Author Topic: Stand your ground doesn't work too well for Blacks ehh? Even White guy said, YUP  (Read 228 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Black man who used 'stand your ground' defense in fatal shooting gets 10 years in prison

William “Marc” Wilson, who was recently convicted of involuntary manslaughter for a shooting that he says was in self-defense against a racist attack on a Georgia highway, was sentenced Tuesday to 10 years in prison – the most time allowed under state law. His family and lawyers say the case reveals a racial double standard for “stand your ground” laws.

“If you put me in Marc’s shoes, there’s no way that I would've been prosecuted,” Wilson’s cousin, Chance Pridgen, who is white, told Yahoo News. “Odds are I would've been given a medal — probably gotten a parade in my name. It’s unreal how he was treated just because he’s a little bit more tan than I am.”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +379
    • View Profile
Georgia was always been racist state. Even black actors such as Eddie Griffin, Chris Tucker, and Morgan Freeman grew up in that state.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
Black man who used 'stand your ground' defense in fatal shooting gets 10 years in prison

William “Marc” Wilson, who was recently convicted of involuntary manslaughter for a shooting that he says was in self-defense against a racist attack on a Georgia highway, was sentenced Tuesday to 10 years in prison – the most time allowed under state law. His family and lawyers say the case reveals a racial double standard for “stand your ground” laws.

“If you put me in Marc’s shoes, there’s no way that I would've been prosecuted,” Wilson’s cousin, Chance Pridgen, who is white, told Yahoo News. “Odds are I would've been given a medal — probably gotten a parade in my name. It’s unreal how he was treated just because he’s a little bit more tan than I am.”

I'm pretty sure they looked at all the evidence and this was not a "stand you ground" against racist attacks. And his idiot white cousin using the excuse of if it had been a white man, he would have got off and reward a medal is just an ignorant fool.

This is not about racism or anything... There was a white man that killed a black man in s dispute even though he claimed he only shot the black man because his life was in danger... he too used the "stand your ground" rule and he too was convicted.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements