Advertisement

Author Topic: I chose cremation when I die but this could be an option too, return to nature  (Read 146 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
 ???:

In a 'return to nature,' California legalizes human composting for environmental benefits

Californians will soon have a new end-of-life burial option: human composting. Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a bill into law Sunday that creates a state regulatory process for “natural organic reduction,” or transforming human remains into soil. The law will go into effect in 2027.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Looks like it's official  ???:

California just legalized composting of human bodies: ‘Add me to the list’

When Assembly Bill 351, the Cemetery and Funeral Act, becomes law in 2027, I’ll be among the first to add my name to the list. Recently signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom, this bill sets the stage for human remains to be converted into compost in California, offering an alternative to burial or cremation. The process, known as natural organic reduction (NOR), involves placing bodies in coffin-like vessels along with straw, wood chips and other natural materials and allowing them to break down into usable soil.

Read more at: https://www.sanluisobispo.com/living/family/linda-lewis-griffith/article267262622.html#storylink=cpy

Like this post: 0

Advertisements