Advertisement

Author Topic: $28 Billion of her money involved in this divorce after 1 year of marriage  (Read 949 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
 ???:

Inside MacKenzie Scott's Multi-Billion Dollar Divorce from Seattle School Teacher Dan Jewett

MacKenzie Scott is one of the wealthiest women in the world — with a net worth of $27.9 billion as of Friday morning, according to Bloomberg Billionaire's Index.

On Monday, the 52-year-old filed a petition for divorce from her husband, Seattle school teacher Dan Jewett, after marrying in California last year.

Despite her wealth, their divorce will likely be "pretty standard and vanilla," according to a family law attorney David Glass, who viewed the filing, which was submitted to Washington State's King County Superior Court on Monday.

Court documents did not confirm the presence of a prenuptial agreement between Scott — who was previously married to Amazon founder Jeff Bezos — and Jewett, who did not contest the divorce, The New York Times noted in its report

However, the former couple agreed on the terms of the separation, including what becomes of the marital property, in a separation contract.

"A separation contract under Washington law is when you say to your spouse, 'We're going to get divorced and we can work out all the details ourselves. Let's write it up in an agreement and we'll just notify the court that we've figured everything out,' " says Glass, who does not represent either party. "And so that's what they did here."

Washington State law allows divorcing couples to keep a separation agreement "completely private," Glass adds, noting that in this case, Scott and Jewett appear to already have the terms of their divorce entirely settled.

"They each had their lawyers, they figured out who's keeping what real estate, who's keeping what assets. They decided that there wouldn't be any sort of spousal support, and because they don't have any children [together], they didn't have to get into the issue of custody," he adds. "And so you basically inform the court in Washington State, 'We have a separation agreement, we don't need you for anything other than to issue the divorce decree.'

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
No. Her 28B won't be involved in this divorce. Just being legally married to someone--even without a prenup--for that short of a time doesn't justify his share of her 28B.

I think she might have given him a few millions to go away with though.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Well see what the settlement says when the time comes but doesn't matter if the amount is "a few millions" or a dollar, if that money comes from her $28 billion fortune, it involves it.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not at all. Too negligible to be considered so.

We have to read carefully for details on the article. If the journalist is right about WA laws, what will be made public is very little, if anything other than that there's an agreement.

???:

Washington State law allows divorcing couples to keep a separation agreement "completely private," Glass adds, noting that in this case, Scott and Jewett appear to already have the terms of their divorce entirely settled.

"...

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +649
    • View Profile
It’s usually the guys that are taken for a ride but I’m sure this time, it’s MacKenzie. She is pretty philanthropic so he might be walking away set for the rest of his remaining life.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
It’s usually the guys that are taken for a ride but I’m sure this time, it’s MacKenzie. She is pretty philanthropic so he might be walking away set for the rest of his remaining life.

Yep, we'll see what the settlement details say when the time comes. Regardless of the amount he gets from Mackenzie's $28 billion fortune, I think he'll be "set for the rest of his remaining life" too. And that amount may not even make a big dent but if it involves Mackenzie's $28 billion, it should still be quite a bit for a public school teacher..

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
MacKenzie Scott Officially Divorced From Seattle Teacher Dan Jewett 4 Months After Billionaire Filed
The couple finalized the terms of their separation Jan. 4, according to court documents obtained by PEOPLE

MacKenzie Scott's divorce from Seattle school teacher Dan Jewett has been finalized, PEOPLE has confirmed.

The 52-year-old, who was previously married to Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, and her now-ex-husband finalized the terms of their separation Jan. 4, according to court documents obtained by PEOPLE.

TMZ was first to report that the divorce had been finalized.

Scott and Jewett have signed a separation contract, which addresses the division of property and debts, according to the documents obtained by PEOPLE. Spousal support was not requested.

Neither party immediately responded to PEOPLE's requests for comment.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
He will likely get payed for an NDA.  They always do with people of high caliber status in our society. 

I mean this teacher can make money by selling a book about what MacKenzie told him about Bezo or this MacKenzie ex wife is a cruel woman behind closed doors.  People would buy the book in truckloads like a bad tabloid. 

I do remembered someone at work told me that just because someone at work gives you food all the time doesn't mean they are good people.  This older lady wants to groom me and fed me with her lunch but I put her on my careful list as she is known to backstab other people explicit and inclusively. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Scott has donated some millions to some Hmong schools, I heard and saw.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 12:20:41 PM by Reporter »

"...

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
Nothing can buy true love, can it?  :'(

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: $28 Billion of her money involved in this divorce after 1 year of marriage
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 12:23:59 PM »

If love can be bought, it's not love.

"...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: $28 Billion of her money involved in this divorce after 1 year of marriage
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2023, 01:45:37 PM »

yes, for those who love money.  As long as you have money, they will fake the love for you and love their money first and foremost. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements