Advertisement

Author Topic: I don't have a freezer but know many Hmong that have one in the basement, garage  (Read 1015 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..and even in living quarters. I prefer my stuff fresh and there's only 3 of us so no need for a freezer.

For those that stuff the freezer is full of meat and can't use the it in time, the meat can lose its' taste due to freezer burn and what not.

About To Cook Freezer Burn Beef? Think Again. Here’s How Long Meat Really Lasts in the Freezer

So you bought too much meat during your last grocery run and decided to stash some of it in the freezer until a later date. But then you forget all about it—until months later, when you find those chicken breasts, turkey burgers or skirt steaks hidden in the back of your freezer.

You think to yourself: “How long does meat last in the freezer—and can I still eat what I’ve been storing in mine for, like, ever?” Well, the good news is that you can pretty much keep frozen meat around indefinitely and it’ll still be safe, according to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Phew!

Buuuut…we do have a bit of bad news to share. Just because frozen meat won’t go bad, per say, doesn’t mean it’ll always taste good once you decide to thaw it out and grill, sear or pan-fry it. As the USDA notes, the quality of frozen foods decreases over time. Womp, womp.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 11:17:35 PM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
I just used the freezer portion of the frig. I like to freeze cooked food and fruit especially a nice liquid broth to use later.

Offline one-tai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
We know you like your food fresh like that rotten carp. Vacuum sealed meat(s) lasts forever and tastes as fresh as the day you bought it.  :idiot2: When (not if) our recession/depression gets worse you'll wish you had an ice chest filled with frozen meat(s). I suppose this planet needs to reduce its population by a few. Thanks buddy for volunteering!  O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I just used the freezer portion of the frig. I like to freeze cooked food and fruit especially a nice liquid broth to use later.

Same here, only 3 of us so plenty of room..even after a Costco run.  O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
We know you like your food fresh like that rotten carp. Vacuum sealed meat(s) lasts forever and tastes as fresh as the day you bought it.  :idiot2: When (not if) our recession/depression gets worse you'll wish you had an ice chest filled with frozen meat(s). I suppose this planet needs to reduce its population by a few. Thanks buddy for volunteering!  O0

Oh look who crawled back to prove me right again..NO not hmgROCK but very similar as he lies like him and continues to prove me right like him. Guess he can't help it because I made him cried mommy the hardest. So hard that he ran to the "mods and admin" and when they gave him a solution, he even said, "I love the ignore feature"...but guess what? He's back because he still can't get over the fact that I made him cried mommy the hardest..

No wonder the some PH members thought both of them are the same person based on their lying and "negative" traits  like the member below ;D:

Are you sure you're not Rock himself?  :2funny: :2funny:

"I love the ignore feature"... :idiot2: ;D:

Have never heard such a claim as ignorant as the one below but NOT surprised as he's only as smart as his closest buddy, hmgROCK  ;D ;D ;D:

"Vacuum sealed meat(s) lasts forever and tastes as fresh as the day you bought it."

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile

OH SNAP!!!
No you didn’t

THIS DISS BURRNNNNN

;D ;D ;D ;D

He did chow down on those dead rotten carp

God did not created man...man created god

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
"OH SNAP!!!
No you didn’t

THIS DISS BURRNNNNN"

I don't believe you have "$500k+".  :2funny:

And NOPE, "we all" won't forget this EPIC FAIL until the 12 steps are completed by the compulsive liar:

I ALREADY STOP CLICKUON THEM

;D ;D ;D

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
I used to fill my freezer with ribeye when they're on sale.  I buy $300-$400 worth.  Last about 3-4 weeks.  That bulk life was awesome. 

Like this post: +1
Different 💩 same smell

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
I used to fill my freezer with ribeye when they're on sale.  I buy $300-$400 worth.  Last about 3-4 weeks.  That bulk life was awesome.

This is the way
 O0 O0 O0

Don’t mind these troll spam bot

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
The "biggest" (per the neutral PH members) "spam troll bot" still can't abide by his own words aka lies because he's still "mad"...

;D ;D ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

"3-4 weeks" is still well within the freshness range of the recommended 6 months so all good... O0

And yes, "ribye" are the bomb..probably my favorite cut.  O0

Had this one in Texas and some idiot that "don't get out much" was like how does a person from CA is able to eat a steak in TX  :idiot2: ;D:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 09:12:27 AM by theking »

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
Huh

What is it
First it forever
Than 2 years
Now 4 week

;D ;D

can pretty much keep frozen meat around indefinitely

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
I remember going through my parent's freezer chest in the basement once and it was full of year old fishes, pork and beef... Told them to throw it all out because the meat don't even look edible anymore.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Huh

What is it
First it forever
Than 2 years
Now 4 week

"can't read" (per the neutral PH members...so

yeah i just make that stuff up

Just lied, dude

and NOPE "we all" won't forget this EPIC FAIL until THAT GUY can complete the 12 steps:

;D ;D ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I remember going through my parent's freezer chest in the basement once and it was full of year old fishes, pork and beef... Told them to throw it all out because the meat don't even look edible anymore.

Yep, I think that's the main point of the article...

The freshness can only last so long...NOT "forever" like the "don't know anything" (per the neutral PH members) ignorantly claimed...

Advertisements