Advertisement

Author Topic: Experts say we can't depend on luck; we must depend on hard work.  (Read 859 times)

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Re: Experts say we can't depend on luck; we must depend on hard work.
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2022, 11:29:43 AM »
Rock,

Your dad and family didn't get to fight like other Hmong dads and boys at that time. But here's how we got our right to emigrate to the U.S.

My dad fought when  he was older than this boy. But lots of boys at 10 and just a little older were fighting for the Americans in four ways: 1. creating two satellite dishes near the North Vietnam border so the U.S. could spy on and bomb N. Vietnam, 2. rescuing downed American pilots, and 3. cutting off N. Vietnam's military supply line on the curvy land of the Ho Chi Minh trail around Laos to get to South Vietnam, and 3. ensuring civilians throughout Laos weren't suffering more casualties throughout the war (including your family).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Un8hqCeq5w

I think we all saw YouTube video of those 10 year old with their M16 rifle
Fight is fight

You need a little bit of LADY LUCK
Hard work is not enough
You need network and connection

I used to do accounting work
I know

Like this post: 0
God did not created man...man created god

Adverstisement

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
Re: Experts say we can't depend on luck; we must depend on hard work.
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2022, 07:41:45 AM »
We have lots of communist Hmong families that were able to lie their ways to US. They were killing their own kind during the war but couldn’t lay in the aftermath. Same with north Vietnamese families, they fought for the north but fled communism after the war.

Rock’s family is exactly this.

Like this post: 0

Advertisements