Advertisement

Author Topic: Man, already?? Probably buyer's remorse or couldn't afford to keep it anymore?  (Read 229 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Here's another one, just on the market:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
This could be the reason for some  ???:

‘This truck can’t do normal truck things’: YouTube auto star says towing with Ford’s new electric pickup is a ‘total disaster’ in viral video — but Wall Street still likes these 3 EV stocks

It’s no secret that electric cars are becoming more and more popular these days. But will the EV trend carry over to pickup trucks?

According to Tyler Hoover — who runs the Hoovie’s Garage YouTube channel with 1.45 million subscribers — an electric pickup truck might not be a great option if you need to tow something.

In a recent video, Hoover tried to tow an old 1930s Ford pickup with his brand new Ford F-150 Lightning. The test didn’t go well, as the new electric truck used up way more range than expected.

“If a truck towing 3,500 pounds can’t even go 100 miles … that is ridiculously stupid. This truck can’t do normal truck things,” Hoover says.

The video, titled “Towing with my Ford Lightning EV Pickup was a TOTAL DISASTER!” has now amassed more than 2.8 million views.

“You would be stopping every hour to recharge, which would take about 45 minutes a pop, and that is absolutely not practical.”

But does that mean it’s time to ditch electric vehicle stocks? Not necessarily. Although EV stocks have largely pulled back this year, Wall Street still sees big opportunities in quite a few of them.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I've driven all 3 electric pickup trucks on the market — here's why I'd buy the Rivian R1T over the F-150 Lightning or Hummer EV

Sleek Teslas got Americans interested in electric vehicles. Big pickups could launch them into the mainstream.

After all, Americans love their trucks.

And there's good news for anyone considering swapping their gas-drinking F-150 for something a little greener. Three battery-powered pickups are now on sale in the US, up from zero just over a year ago.
To some, they might all seem about the same. They all have a bed and some electric motors, and none come particularly cheap.

But the Ford F-150 Lightning, GMC Hummer EV, and Rivian R1T couldn't be more different. I drove all three and learned all about their highs, lows, and special features.

...These trucks serve such vastly different needs and personalities that crowning a winner is almost no use. It's kind of like comparing a mountain bike, a road bike, and a folding bike — they're just different. Still, since these are the only electric trucks available right now, there are bound to be at least a few people cross-shopping them.

For me — a weekend adventurer who appreciates modern style and a smaller form factor — the Rivian's friendlier proportions and outdoors-focused features take the cake.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Saw another one in the wild:

Advertisements