Advertisement

Author Topic: One of the most romantic restaurant in the world except for Asian diners??  (Read 338 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
One if by Land, Two if by Sea, considered one of the most romantic restaurants in the world, is now under fire after a TikTok user accused the establishment of racially discriminating "against non-white people — particularly Asians."

TikTok user Annie (@rokug4n) called out One if by Land, Two if by Sea in a recent post. She says in her video that she and her boyfriend recently had a date at the restaurant and were seated on the second floor, or mezzanine. During their meal, she noticed that most of the people around them were purportedly Asian.

@rokug4n My review of a popular dinner restaurant in NYC - One if by Land Two if by Sea #greenscreen #nyc #nyceats #foodie #asian #nycrestaurants #nycdinner ♬ original sound - annie
“I'm going to preface this by saying, I have no issue dining with other Asian people, other Chinese people, I don’t care. What I do care about, and have an issue with, is people of color being separated from white people by white people in higher-end establishments,” she says.

Annie then highlights the difference in ambiance between that of the first floor and that of the mezzanine, pointing out that the first floor, where the white diners are purportedly usually seated, has chandeliers, high ceilings, huge windows, mosaics and plenty of natural lighting. She claims that the second floor, which has two small windows, is not as well lit. It also does not have a piano and a bar.

“The unfortunate truth is that racial discrimination in higher-end spaces is not a new phenomenon,” she says. “What is unfortunate is that One if by Land, Two if by Sea has been racially discriminatory for so long.”

Annie also points out that “so many Asian foodies are paying hundreds of dollars to this restaurant and getting racially discriminated against.”

Several Yelp users who once dined at the restaurant mentioned similar experiences that involved alleged racial discrimination against Asian diners. Some of the reviews on the crowd-sourced review site, which Annie shows in her video, were posted around 11 months to about a year ago, while the oldest reviews appear to have been written around seven years ago.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements