Advertisement

Author Topic: Got lucky  (Read 1102 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Got lucky
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2022, 01:32:31 PM »
We all know exercise is good but a lot of people don’t make time for it. Same with smoking, we all know it’s bad but a lot of folks still smoke. Got to go see that physician every year to keep your health in check. Your boys probably don’t visit a doctor’s office much if they went out like that.

Even if they do go get a check up, getting them numbers are meaningless unless they know what them numbers can lead to.  One guy drinks johnny walker on every weekend and they buy by the liter bottles.  Was drinking and had symptoms and didn't feel well.  Went home and next day did not wake up.  Second guy became a chef so he ate good.  Not obese built but you can tell he is in between skinny and fat obese size.  Both guys left behind their wives and kids about the same young age. 

I still don't see how working out and then eating all of that to let loose is the right motto in life but if that's balance then balance to some it shall be. 

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +649
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2022, 03:13:55 PM »
Even if they do go get a check up, getting them numbers are meaningless unless they know what them numbers can lead to.  One guy drinks johnny walker on every weekend and they buy by the liter bottles.  Was drinking and had symptoms and didn't feel well.  Went home and next day did not wake up.  Second guy became a chef so he ate good.  Not obese built but you can tell he is in between skinny and fat obese size.  Both guys left behind their wives and kids about the same young age. 

I still don't see how working out and then eating all of that to let loose is the right motto in life but if that's balance then balance to some it shall be.

I’m sure the physicians are obligated to tell you what those numbers mean especially when it’s spiking like how you are on only meat during the weekend now. Your dr probably said something along the lines of shape up or ship out.

Your two buddies could have vices away from Mr Walker or food that we may or may not be aware of but an excessive of alcohol or food can be vices as well and that is what your buddies were doing. I do enjoy some down dirty high calorie food but not all the times. I do enjoy my Mr Walker liquor but not all the times. However, I exercise all the times whether it’s that stroll most evenings or that strenuous hike up that mountain in the weekend. It helps but mainly what we put in our body over times and it will build up.

Looking slim doesn’t always mean you’re healthy inside but if you exercise and you’re slim, you just might be.

Offline one-tai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2022, 11:23:11 AM »
Nice! Cowhide is the best for fried garlic pepper. I'm convinced that rice, alcohol, processed foods, and the lack of exercise is far worst for us than cowhide fried garlic pepper. I agree that physique has nothing to do with our health. I know skinny ass dudes who are diabetic and so forth. I also know fat dudes who are perfectly fine, aside from their weight. Genetics has a lot to do with our health. It's interesting how we think death is bad. It isn't. So long as they enjoyed their lives, that's what matters. Who are we to say?

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2022, 12:01:14 PM »
Steve Jobs agrees.

Nice! Cowhide is the best for fried garlic pepper. I'm convinced that rice, alcohol, processed foods, and the lack of exercise is far worst for us than cowhide fried garlic pepper. I agree that physique has nothing to do with our health. I know skinny ass dudes who are diabetic and so forth. I also know fat dudes who are perfectly fine, aside from their weight. Genetics has a lot to do with our health. It's interesting how we think death is bad. It isn't. So long as they enjoyed their lives, that's what matters. Who are we to say?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements