Advertisement

Author Topic: So my nephew begged me to take him to the same hell I went through when I was  (Read 389 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...his age so I did  ;D. Here's the back story of how that took place a while back:

My nephew wanted to get his permit exam/driver license done but the available appointments for that kind of service at DMV are too far in the future and he didn't want to wait. However, DMV does offer walk-in services on Saturday so that reminds me of how I did it back in the day...yep, just walk in and wait for your turn, no appointment option.

They say that the older you get, the faster time seems to pass by but I can say for myself that time actually seems to stand still or pass by very slowly when at the DMV...

Anyways, I told him that since Saturday is the only walk-in day, be prepare for a crazy busy like hell day at the DMV. In addition, we gotta get up super early to beat the crowd. He agree so we got there pretty early but there were still folks that beat us because they camped out the night before  :o. Not too bad though as we were in the top 50 so we were guaranteed to receive services  O0.

Keep in mind that DMV doesn't open til 8am:

« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:31:15 AM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
It’s crazy for some but a memory like this one will last a lifetime.  O0

Like this post: +1

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Agree... O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
These guys showed up at 5am and the line is already stretched all the way to the street:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I know, actually looked kind of eerie when the DMV is this empty... ;D:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
When this rent a cop came out to do the flag, some folks were cheering because they know it's opening time.. ;D:

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
The DMV is the worst public service... and it's true for all states. Luckily, I got my license renew by appointmet and like you said... no one was in the office waiting while 4 clerk were just sitting around.

Like this post: +1
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Some say that time goes by fast and the older you are, the faster it goes by but time seem to stand still at the DMV..at times... ;D

Advertisements